4x Voodoo2 SLI Setup

G

hey all

i have 4 voodoo2s lying around and 5 free pci sluts, was wondering if its possible to get all four of them to work togeather. I've seen Quantum3d setup 12 or so voodoo2s in SLI. Are there any drivers that support this?

-long live tdfx

G

nope, dont have one. But i can easily make one...i saw those pin clips in an electronics catalog and i'm sure the ribbon is not that hard to find.

so is this feasibe, or will my pc just run out of irq's...?

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And what is the point of doing this? Voodoo cards suck. I'll stick with my modified "Quatro" GeForce 2 GTS

"upgrading is no longer an option...it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)

G

Actually the drivers will have something to do with this. They are only written to recognize 2 cards. While you might be able to get 2 seperate SLI setups, games should only recognize one of them.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
hey all

i have 4 voodoo2s lying around and 5 free pci sluts, was wondering if its possible to get all four of them to work togeather. I've seen Quantum3d setup 12 or so voodoo2s in SLI. Are there any drivers that support this?

-long live tdfx

PCI sluts?

Four Voodoo2's? Why'd you buy four? And I'd like to see a motherboard what has 12 PCI slots.

P.S. Can you send me a pic of your face when you get an email saying "Topic Reply Notification..."

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
i have 4 voodoo2s lying around and 5 free pci sluts, was wondering if its possible to get all four of them to work togeather

Now could you imagine 5 free pci-e sluts? Wonder if my card would fit... :lol:

mpjesse

Splendid
anyone else notice this?
"Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 12:33 pm"
rofl

Thats why I told them to leave this threads alone, mods can come

lol. why are you so fearful of mods? it's not like our mods are a bunch of nazi's. and how does this thread break the rules? relax, no one's going to come in and start banning or warning people. the worst that will happen is the topic will get locked.

have some fun in the meantime. :roll:

Bobsama

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Heh. I would imagine a QuadSLI Voodoo2 setup would be about as hard to do as getting XFire to run on a nForce board or SLI to run on a XFire board. Not that hard if you look around correctly! :lol:

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
anyone else notice this?
rofl

lol. why are you so fearful of mods? it's not like our mods are a bunch of nazi's. and how does this thread break the rules? relax, no one's going to come in and start banning or warning people. the worst that will happen is the topic will get locked.

Well, I once was in another forum and did the same thing, it was 2004 and I opened a thread from 99,the mods got "kinda" angry with me and they locked the thread.

I wouldnt like to make people think I play around on the forums while spamming :roll:

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
anyone else notice this?
rofl

EEK!!! THE MODS ARE COMING!!!! :eek:

duenor

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I've been seeing videos on youtube of some guy who claims that he can run a whole bunch of games like call of duty 2 and FEAR on voodo2s in SLI mode. well i've got two voodoo2s (i saved up like heck to buy them way back when, 12mb of dram on each board iirc) and I'd like to give it a try.

is there any possible way of doing this with a current motherboard? like a gigabyte ma78lmt-s2? I am picturing using onboard video (radeon 3000) to do the 2d.

TRENDING THREADS