USB Port

June 30, 2005 11:25:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?

Thanks, Joan

More about : usb port

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 11:25:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

There are CD writers that use the USB port. In fact, i have one that uses
the USB port If your computer computer has something called USB2.0 find a
CD Writer that uses that because it is alot faster then the standard USB

"Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
>
> Thanks, Joan

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:36:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
>
> Thanks, Joan

Yes, you'll really need USB2 though (not 1.1).

Where are you?
In the UK one example of a supplier:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=9&Cat...
look at the bottom section. Lots of suppliers have them though.
July 1, 2005 12:36:06 AM

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
news:D a1hjq$jc4$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
>>
>> Thanks, Joan
>>

> Yes, you'll really need USB2 though (not 1.1).
>
> Where are you?
> In the UK one example of a supplier:
> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=9&Cat...
> look at the bottom section. Lots of suppliers have them though.

Am in Canada

I have a HP Cd writer connected using USB1.1 and it works fine, a lil slow
though
July 1, 2005 3:34:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Right. An external writer will work fine with USB 1 but is limited to 4X
speed. It's often well worth it to add an inexpensive USB 2 PCI card for
use in this case with a USB 2 drive.
--

"Brett Bowdring" <brettlap@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:o VDV55bfFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> news:D a1hjq$jc4$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>
>> "Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Joan
>>>

>> Yes, you'll really need USB2 though (not 1.1).
>>
>> Where are you?
>> In the UK one example of a supplier:
>> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=9&Cat...
>> look at the bottom section. Lots of suppliers have them though.
>>

> Am in Canada
>
> I have a HP Cd writer connected using USB1.1 and it works fine, a lil slow
> though

July 2, 2005 3:38:42 AM

"" wrote:
> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
>
> Thanks, Joan

Yep, quite a few.

EXAMPLE:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=8...