USB Port

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?

Thanks, Joan
5 answers Last reply
More about port
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    There are CD writers that use the USB port. In fact, i have one that uses
    the USB port If your computer computer has something called USB2.0 find a
    CD Writer that uses that because it is alot faster then the standard USB

    "Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
    >
    > Thanks, Joan

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    "Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
    >
    > Thanks, Joan

    Yes, you'll really need USB2 though (not 1.1).

    Where are you?
    In the UK one example of a supplier:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=9&Category=CDR%2FCDRW&Thumbnails=yes
    look at the bottom section. Lots of suppliers have them though.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

    > "Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Joan
    >>

    > Yes, you'll really need USB2 though (not 1.1).
    >
    > Where are you?
    > In the UK one example of a supplier:
    > http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=9&Category=CDR%2FCDRW&Thumbnails=yes
    > look at the bottom section. Lots of suppliers have them though.

    Am in Canada

    I have a HP Cd writer connected using USB1.1 and it works fine, a lil slow
    though
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Right. An external writer will work fine with USB 1 but is limited to 4X
    speed. It's often well worth it to add an inexpensive USB 2 PCI card for
    use in this case with a USB 2 drive.
    --

    "Brett Bowdring" <brettlap@rogers.com> wrote in message

    > "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Joan and Alan" <jraynes@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>> Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, Joan
    >>>

    >> Yes, you'll really need USB2 though (not 1.1).
    >>
    >> Where are you?
    >> In the UK one example of a supplier:
    >> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=9&Category=CDR%2FCDRW&Thumbnails=yes
    >> look at the bottom section. Lots of suppliers have them though.
    >>

    > Am in Canada
    >
    > I have a HP Cd writer connected using USB1.1 and it works fine, a lil slow
    > though

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    "" wrote:
    > Is there an external CD Writer that uses a USB port?
    >
    > Thanks, Joan

    Yep, quite a few.

    EXAMPLE:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=8557187279&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=79761

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-USB-Port-ftopict551924.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749139

Hardware Support USB CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP