I cant reboot my windows xp home

I had spyware on my computer after my daughter downloaded screensavers. I got
a message that they were spyware and I sould quarantine them. I done that and
everything seemed fine but today I cant get into the computer at all. I just
have a black screen telling me that there is an error and to press any key to
reboot but that doesnt work. It sometimes says "Adisc read error occurred "
Press ctrl+Alt+Del but it just comes up the same message. PLEASE SOMEONE
HELP. I am disabled and I need my computer, this is one Ive borrowed to try
and get help.
ann8087

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:47:02 -0700, "PLEASE HELP ME TO
REBOOT????????????????" <PLEASE HELP ME TO
REBOOT????????????????@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had spyware on my computer after my daughter downloaded screensavers. I got
>a message that they were spyware and I sould quarantine them. I done that and
>everything seemed fine but today I cant get into the computer at all. I just
>have a black screen telling me that there is an error and to press any key to
>reboot but that doesnt work. It sometimes says "Adisc read error occurred "
>Press ctrl+Alt+Del but it just comes up the same message. PLEASE SOMEONE
>HELP. I am disabled and I need my computer, this is one Ive borrowed to try
>and get help.
>ann8087

I suppose in the moment, I'd try to boot to safe mode and then restore
to an earlier version. Then I start the spyware removal again, but
I'd be slow and careful.

Start the computer, repeatedly select F8 during boot, then select safe
mode from the various options.

Good luck.

"<----- Which Way ----->" wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:47:02 -0700, "PLEASE HELP ME TO
> REBOOT????????????????" <PLEASE HELP ME TO
> REBOOT????????????????@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I had spyware on my computer after my daughter downloaded screensavers. I got
> >a message that they were spyware and I sould quarantine them. I done that and
> >everything seemed fine but today I cant get into the computer at all. I just
> >have a black screen telling me that there is an error and to press any key to
> >reboot but that doesnt work. It sometimes says "Adisc read error occurred "
> >Press ctrl+Alt+Del but it just comes up the same message. PLEASE SOMEONE
> >HELP. I am disabled and I need my computer, this is one Ive borrowed to try
> >and get help.
> >ann8087
>
> I suppose in the moment, I'd try to boot to safe mode and then restore
> to an earlier version. Then I start the spyware removal again, but
> I'd be slow and careful.
>
> Start the computer, repeatedly select F8 during boot, then select safe
> mode from the various options.
>
> Good luck.
Thankyou but