Why is it when I try to transfer large files from one computer to another
the connection is always lost and it says that I may not have permission to
do this? Well the connection was there and I could see the other computers'
directories and everything. If I'm already connected, what is unconnecting
me?

Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost - timeout:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Nog" <nognog@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:_uWdndLBAuJ10VnfRVn-tA@adelphia.com...
> Why is it when I try to transfer large files from one computer to another the connection is always lost and it says that I may not
> have permission to do this? Well the connection was there and I could see the other computers' directories and everything. If I'm
> already connected, what is unconnecting me?

"Nog" <nognog@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Why is it when I try to transfer large files from one computer to another
> the connection is always lost and it says that I may not have permission
> to do this? Well the connection was there and I could see the other
> computers' directories and everything. If I'm already connected, what is
> unconnecting me?

I found the problem. Somehow windows firewall turned itsself back on on both
computers. Why I don't know.