Maverick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have recently had to do a system recovery and now that I am back to
working, I am finding that when I am working in MS Word and click on the
Preview screen, that which is on my worksheet does not come up on the Preview
Screen. It remains blank. Any thoughts?

Hi, Maverick:

Have you tried the Word newsgroup(s)?

Tom

"Maverick" wrote:
>I have recently had to do a system recovery and now that I am back to

>working, I am finding that when I am working in MS Word and click on
>the
>Preview screen, that which is on my worksheet does not come up on the
>Preview
>Screen. It remains blank. Any thoughts?
Greetings Maverick,
I would suggest that you use the Word Detect & Repair Function.

Note This method is the least aggressive mode of repair. If this
method does not resolve the problem, you may still have to use one of
the other methods.

To run the Detect and Repair feature, click Detect and Repair on the
Help menu in Word. The Detect and Repair feature fixes and repairs
Word. All files, registry entries, and optional shortcuts for all
Office programs are verified and repaired. If you run Detect and
Repair from Word, all other Office programs are also checked. This
feature performs only a checksum.

The Detect and Repair feature can also restore the Word program
shortcuts on the Start menu. To restore the Word program shortcuts,
click Help, click Detect and Repair, and then click to select the
Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box.

If Detect and Repair does not correct the problem, you may have to
reinstall Word. The Reinstall feature in the Maintenance Mode dialog
box performs the same action as Detect and Repair, except that
Reinstall copies a file when the files are of equal versions. Detect
and Repair does not copy over the file when the installation file has
the correct version and checksum.

Note The Detect and Repair feature does not repair damaged documents
or damaged data keys in the registry or in the Normal template.

If a file that Word uses at Startup is missing, the Windows Installer
automatically installs that file before it starts the program.

Post back here with the results and let us know if this helped.
Best of luck,
ultra_classic :)
:) :)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-MS-Word-ftopict551948.html