Not Plug and Play

Why do some USB devices need to be unplugged and then plugged in for Window
XP to recognise them after starting up my PC?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:11:04 -0700, "Fred Perry" <Fred
Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Why do some USB devices need to be unplugged and then plugged in for Window
>XP to recognise them after starting up my PC?

Do have the Plug & Play within Services set to automatic?

Jim

"Fred Perry" <Fred Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do some USB devices need to be unplugged and then plugged in for
Window
> XP to recognise them after starting up my PC?
Don't be shy, tell us which ones don't work.
Jim

Set to automatic - have noticed that its only my Belkin Bluetooth adaptor
that is suffering from this problem

"<----- Which Way ----->" wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:11:04 -0700, "Fred Perry" <Fred
> Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Why do some USB devices need to be unplugged and then plugged in for Window
> >XP to recognise them after starting up my PC?
>
> Do have the Plug & Play within Services set to automatic?

The main culprit is my Belkin Bluetooth adaptor but occasionaly its my ADSL
USB modem (Conexant chip set). MP3 Player, pen drive, camera and printer all
work OK.