System Restore

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
I think I would like to disable the system restore in Windows Me. My system is pretty fast already but if I can get even more performance why not? Anyways, how can you completly disable it and get rid of the hidden restore folders in the drive?

BMan33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Right click My Computer, then click properties- click the performance tab- then click the file system tab near the bottom- then click the troubleshooting tab- place a checkmark in the heading "Disable system restore". After that it will need to reboot- that should take care of it. The next time you open up the file system tab the "system restore disk space use" slider should be grayed out meaning it is disabled.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Shocwavez

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I was able to get rid of the "unremovable" _RESTORE directory in C drive(hidden) in a rather round about way. I booted into DOS(w/startup disk), removed the attributes of all the files in _RESTORE then erased them. Next I booted back to WIN and was able to delete the _RESTORE dir.

:tongue: <font color=green> I LOVE INTEL. It tastes like chicken </font color=green>