EMail Blocked sender list

Anybody knows why Outlook Blocked Sender List is not working. And
Message Rules are not working either.
Thank you for answerring

Probably some registry entry for rules is broken. Create a New "Identity" (OE, File menu) and use "Import" to bring in the old
identity's messages.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

"Dorothy" wrote:
>Anybody knows why Outlook Blocked Sender List is not working. And
>Message Rules are not working either.
>Thank you for answerring
Greetings Dorothy,
The most common cause of rules not working properly is due to a
misunderstanding of how rules work.

I hope this url will answer your question.
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/faqs/why.htm#rules

Perhaps the best thing is to go in and delete all the rules you
created and start again. ’Rules’ have to be constructed just right or
they don’t work!

As for the ’blocked senders list’ that is a whole different story. I
am guessing you are using it in an attempt to ’block spam’. This may
work for one or two mailings from the ’spammer’ but they will just
alter their content and you start getting it again. This is a never
ending battle and the ’spammers’ are always one step ahead. Just keep
blocking them.

Too bad the ISP’s won’t let us ’bounce mail’. If we could do that we
could send it all back to them! There used to be a program called
’Mail Washer’ and it did have a ’bounce mail’ feature; but only if
your ISP permitted it.

Best of luck,
ultra_classic :)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-EMail-Blocked-sender-list-ftopict551987.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749393

On 1 Jul 2005 23:39:49 -0400, ultra_classic
<UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>"Dorothy" wrote:
>>Anybody knows why Outlook Blocked Sender List is not working. And
>>Message Rules are not working either.
>>Thank you for answerring
>Greetings Dorothy,
>The most common cause of rules not working properly is due to a
>misunderstanding of how rules work.
>
>I hope this url will answer your question.
>http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
>
>Perhaps the best thing is to go in and delete all the rules you
>created and start again. ’Rules’ have to be constructed just right or
>they don’t work!
>
>As for the ’blocked senders list’ that is a whole different story. I
>am guessing you are using it in an attempt to ’block spam’. This may
>work for one or two mailings from the ’spammer’ but they will just
>alter their content and you start getting it again. This is a never
>ending battle and the ’spammers’ are always one step ahead. Just keep
>blocking them.
>
>Too bad the ISP’s won’t let us ’bounce mail’. If we could do that we
>could send it all back to them! There used to be a program called
>’Mail Washer’ and it did have a ’bounce mail’ feature; but only if
>your ISP permitted it.
>
>Best of luck,
>ultra_classic :)

Thank you for the answer!

"Dorothy" wrote:
>On 1 Jul 2005 23:39:49 -0400, ultra_classic
><UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:
>
>>"Dorothy" wrote:
>>>Anybody knows why Outlook Blocked Sender List is not working.
>And
>>>Message Rules are not working either.
>>>Thank you for answerring
>>Greetings Dorothy,
>>The most common cause of rules not working properly is due to a
>>misunderstanding of how rules work.
>>
>>I hope this url will answer your question.
>>http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
>>
>>Perhaps the best thing is to go in and delete all the rules you
>>created and start again. ’Rules’ have to be constructed just right
>or
>>they don’t work!
>>
>>As for the ’blocked senders list’ that is a whole different story.
>>am guessing you are using it in an attempt to ’block spam’. This
>may
>>work for one or two mailings from the ’spammer’ but they will just
>>alter their content and you start getting it again. This is a
>never
>>ending battle and the ’spammers’ are always one step ahead. Just
>keep
>>blocking them.
>>
>>Too bad the ISP’s won’t let us ’bounce mail’. If we could do that
>we
>>could send it all back to them! There used to be a program called
>>’Mail Washer’ and it did have a ’bounce mail’ feature; but only if
>>your ISP permitted it.
>>
>>Best of luck,
>>ultra_classic :)
>

>Thank you for the answer!