CHK DISK -VOLUME LOCKED

June 30, 2005 6:35:04 PM

RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP1 AND WHEN I USE THE ERROR CHECKING TOOL
AFTER DOUBLE CLICKING MY COMPUTER, THEN RIGHT CLICKING THE C DRIVE, THEN
CLICK PROPERTIES, AND THEN CLICK TOOLS AND UNDER ERROR CHECKING, CLICK CHECK
NOW THE BOXES. I THEN REBOOT THE COMPUTER BUT, A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING THE
VOLUME IS LOCKED AND CANNOT RUN ERROR CHECKING. THE COMPUTER THEN BOOTS MY
SETTINGS. HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS VOLUME? CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?
i DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2, IT HAS CAUSED ME TOO MANY
PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.

More about : chk disk volume locked

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:54:47 AM

"STEREOMAN" <STEREOMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP1 AND WHEN I USE THE ERROR CHECKING TOOL
> AFTER DOUBLE CLICKING MY COMPUTER, THEN RIGHT CLICKING THE C DRIVE, THEN
> CLICK PROPERTIES, AND THEN CLICK TOOLS AND UNDER ERROR CHECKING, CLICK
> CHECK
> NOW THE BOXES. I THEN REBOOT THE COMPUTER BUT, A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING
> THE
> VOLUME IS LOCKED AND CANNOT RUN ERROR CHECKING. THE COMPUTER THEN BOOTS
> MY
> SETTINGS. HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS VOLUME? CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?
> i DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2, IT HAS CAUSED ME TOO MANY
> PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.

CAPS ON IS SHOUTING AND CONSIDERED RUDE- MANY PEOPLE IGNORE SHOUTING.

Its been covered in the past- try the newsgroup archives.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:15:03 PM

I think you need to have a think of what you are saying to a member. I
am after information, not comment! There are other websites to use that
kind of tone!
Stereoman

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "STEREOMAN" <STEREOMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP1 AND WHEN I USE THE ERROR CHECKING TOOL
> > AFTER DOUBLE CLICKING MY COMPUTER, THEN RIGHT CLICKING THE C DRIVE, THEN
> > CLICK PROPERTIES, AND THEN CLICK TOOLS AND UNDER ERROR CHECKING, CLICK
> > CHECK
> > NOW THE BOXES. I THEN REBOOT THE COMPUTER BUT, A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING
> > THE
> > VOLUME IS LOCKED AND CANNOT RUN ERROR CHECKING. THE COMPUTER THEN BOOTS
> > MY
> > SETTINGS. HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS VOLUME? CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?
> > i DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2, IT HAS CAUSED ME TOO MANY
> > PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.
>
> CAPS ON IS SHOUTING AND CONSIDERED RUDE- MANY PEOPLE IGNORE SHOUTING.
>
> Its been covered in the past- try the newsgroup archives.

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 1:52:54 AM

>I think you need to have a think of what you are saying to a member. I
> am after information, not comment! There are other websites to use that
> kind of tone!
> Stereoman

It's nice to see you have foubd how your Caps Lock works. Well done.
!