CHK DISK -VOLUME LOCKED

RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP1 AND WHEN I USE THE ERROR CHECKING TOOL
AFTER DOUBLE CLICKING MY COMPUTER, THEN RIGHT CLICKING THE C DRIVE, THEN
CLICK PROPERTIES, AND THEN CLICK TOOLS AND UNDER ERROR CHECKING, CLICK CHECK
NOW THE BOXES. I THEN REBOOT THE COMPUTER BUT, A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING THE
VOLUME IS LOCKED AND CANNOT RUN ERROR CHECKING. THE COMPUTER THEN BOOTS MY
SETTINGS. HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS VOLUME? CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?
i DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2, IT HAS CAUSED ME TOO MANY
PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.
3 answers Last reply
More about disk volume locked

    "STEREOMAN" <STEREOMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP1 AND WHEN I USE THE ERROR CHECKING TOOL
    > AFTER DOUBLE CLICKING MY COMPUTER, THEN RIGHT CLICKING THE C DRIVE, THEN
    > CLICK PROPERTIES, AND THEN CLICK TOOLS AND UNDER ERROR CHECKING, CLICK
    > CHECK
    > NOW THE BOXES. I THEN REBOOT THE COMPUTER BUT, A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING
    > THE
    > VOLUME IS LOCKED AND CANNOT RUN ERROR CHECKING. THE COMPUTER THEN BOOTS
    > MY
    > SETTINGS. HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS VOLUME? CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?
    > i DO NOT WANT TO USE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2, IT HAS CAUSED ME TOO MANY
    > PROBLEMS IN THE PAST.

    CAPS ON IS SHOUTING AND CONSIDERED RUDE- MANY PEOPLE IGNORE SHOUTING.

    Its been covered in the past- try the newsgroup archives.

    I think you need to have a think of what you are saying to a member. I
    am after information, not comment! There are other websites to use that
    kind of tone!
    Stereoman

    >I think you need to have a think of what you are saying to a member. I
    > am after information, not comment! There are other websites to use that
    > kind of tone!
    > Stereoman

    It's nice to see you have foubd how your Caps Lock works. Well done.

Computers Windows XP