When I try to add fax as a windows component in the control panel, I get a
prompt for windows xp professional service pack 2 CD-ROM or i386 folder.
Service Pack 2 is installed on my pc, I've done a search for the i386 folder
and found it in windows\driver cache but what do I do from there? I keep
having to abort the installation process.

Can anyone help??!!

--
potatoskins

You will need to put your XP SP2 cd in and click OK.

--
Good Day
River Rat

"potatoskins" <potatoskins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When I try to add fax as a windows component in the control panel, I get a
prompt for windows xp professional service pack 2 CD-ROM or i386 folder.
Service Pack 2 is installed on my pc, I've done a search for the i386 folder
and found it in windows\driver cache but what do I do from there? I keep
having to abort the installation process.

Can anyone help??!!

--
potatoskins

Sorry, forgot to add don't have a cd, XP already on PC when got it.
--
potatoskins

"River_Rat" wrote:

> You will need to put your XP SP2 cd in and click OK.
>
> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "potatoskins" <potatoskins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to add fax as a windows component in the control panel, I get a
> prompt for windows xp professional service pack 2 CD-ROM or i386 folder.
> Service Pack 2 is installed on my pc, I've done a search for the i386 folder
> and found it in windows\driver cache but what do I do from there? I keep
> having to abort the installation process.
>
> Can anyone help??!!
>
> --
> potatoskins

TRENDING THREADS