TECH: Missile Command pinouts

I am still tring to solve this one. I have my Missile Command board on
a jamma test rig and everything works except the trackball.. The
trackball works but the movements are backwards, I move the trackball
up the crosshair moves down, left is right and right is left, etc. I
have rechecked the pinouts and my wiring over and over again and it is
wired correctly. I also test Crystal Castles and Centipede boards on
this same rig and they play fine. Any ideas what would be wrong? I
tried the dip switch settings for the trackball and niether setting
prove to help. Has anyone tested Missile Commands on their bench with
the same results? I would like to know if this board works or not that
way I can take it off my to-fix list.

Thanks

I can't remember offhand, was MC pre-LETA? Low +5v can cause oddities
on boards that have a LETA chip installed.

I would first check my +5 "on the board" and adjust as needed and see
if this helps at all. MC might be a little fussier than the others and
need a bit more power....?? Worth a shot. :)

Steve

I've sent you the pinout info that I have in mail.

--

Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

"Plisskin" <scorpiokings@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am still tring to solve this one. I have my Missile Command board on
> a jamma test rig and everything works except the trackball.. The
> trackball works but the movements are backwards, I move the trackball
> up the crosshair moves down, left is right and right is left, etc. I
> have rechecked the pinouts and my wiring over and over again and it is
> wired correctly. I also test Crystal Castles and Centipede boards on
> this same rig and they play fine. Any ideas what would be wrong? I
> tried the dip switch settings for the trackball and niether setting
> prove to help. Has anyone tested Missile Commands on their bench with
> the same results? I would like to know if this board works or not that
> way I can take it off my to-fix list.
>
> Thanks

I figured as much, but haven't had a Missile Command in years, so am a
bit rusty on the layout. :)

I thought the same thing about swapping the H & V trakball lines but
figured that it was "too simple" to be the solution. :)

Steve.

:
: I would first check my +5 "on the board" and adjust as needed and see
: if this helps at all. MC might be a little fussier than the others and
: need a bit more power....?? Worth a shot. :)
:
: Steve
:
Missile command was way pre-leta.

MC used different trackballs than centipede/millipede, so it's quite possible
that the directions are reversed. Just swap the clock and data lines
on both H and V, and that'll reverse the directions.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu