DVD Burner

I built my PC some time ago. And I've had two dvd-rw's the first one died of
natural causes. The second on was performing just fine with all of the dvd
writing software I own. I was trying a new software to see whether it could
work without so much work. It didn't work out, but before I uninstalled it I
noticed that when I put a blank dvd into the drive XP treated it as a CD
only, not as a dvd. So I uninstalled the software still the same thing. I
replaced the drive, still the same responce. XP thinks the disk is a CD. So
the question is. Do I need to look on my XP Pro disk for the driver? Do I
need to hack the registry (if I knew what to look for)? Or is there a place I
can download a new driver? I did some serches on the MS web site, but got no
hits. Has some one out there seen this kind if issue that can help? Thanks in
advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about burner

    see the help on how to 'roll back' a driver. (item 4, "Changes made....")

    start/run, type:

    HH ms-its:%windir%\Help\diagboot.chm::/options_to_use_when_a_system_will_not_start.htm

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "AJones" <AJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB96C834-47CA-4A2B-A0B4-6C2E62235F79@microsoft.com...
    >I built my PC some time ago. And I've had two dvd-rw's the first one died of
    > natural causes. The second on was performing just fine with all of the dvd
    > writing software I own. I was trying a new software to see whether it could
    > work without so much work. It didn't work out, but before I uninstalled it I
    > noticed that when I put a blank dvd into the drive XP treated it as a CD
    > only, not as a dvd. So I uninstalled the software still the same thing. I
    > replaced the drive, still the same responce. XP thinks the disk is a CD. So
    > the question is. Do I need to look on my XP Pro disk for the driver? Do I
    > need to hack the registry (if I knew what to look for)? Or is there a place I
    > can download a new driver? I did some serches on the MS web site, but got no
    > hits. Has some one out there seen this kind if issue that can help? Thanks in
    > advance.

Windows XP