Renaming Shortcut disables shortcut keys

June 30, 2005 11:44:02 PM

After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then rename
the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double click on the
icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer works. Is this a bug?
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:08:31 PM

You have to select the shortcut key combo again. The shortcut key combo was
tied to the Name of the shortcut.

Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Under Shortcut key,
delete the key | Apply | Select that key again | Apply | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F0E47903-0021-4B3C-B09F-701F85C91298@microsoft.com,
Bones <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then
> rename the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double click
> on the icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer works. Is
> this a bug?
July 2, 2005 2:45:02 PM

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> You have to select the shortcut key combo again. The shortcut key combo was
> tied to the Name of the shortcut.
>
> Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Under Shortcut key,
> delete the key | Apply | Select that key again | Apply | OK
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:F0E47903-0021-4B3C-B09F-701F85C91298@microsoft.com,
> Bones <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then
> > rename the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double click
> > on the icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer works. Is
> > this a bug?

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:54:30 PM

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :-)