Renaming Shortcut disables shortcut keys

After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then rename
the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double click on the
icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer works. Is this a bug?
3 answers Last reply
More about renaming shortcut disables shortcut keys

    You have to select the shortcut key combo again. The shortcut key combo was
    tied to the Name of the shortcut.

    Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Under Shortcut key,
    delete the key | Apply | Select that key again | Apply | OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F0E47903-0021-4B3C-B09F-701F85C91298@microsoft.com,
    Bones <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then
    > rename the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double click
    > on the icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer works. Is
    > this a bug?

    Thanks, that worked perfectly.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > You have to select the shortcut key combo again. The shortcut key combo was
    > tied to the Name of the shortcut.
    >
    > Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Under Shortcut key,
    > delete the key | Apply | Select that key again | Apply | OK
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:F0E47903-0021-4B3C-B09F-701F85C91298@microsoft.com,
    > Bones <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then
    > > rename the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double click
    > > on the icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer works. Is
    > > this a bug?

    Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F688660F-B712-49FE-A895-BA8565ADAE90@microsoft.com,
    Bones <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks, that worked perfectly.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> You have to select the shortcut key combo again. The shortcut key combo
    >> was tied to the Name of the shortcut.
    >>
    >> Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Under Shortcut
    >> key, delete the key | Apply | Select that key again | Apply | OK
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:F0E47903-0021-4B3C-B09F-701F85C91298@microsoft.com,
    >> Bones <Bones@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> After I select a key sequence to pull up a shortcut I created and then
    >>> rename the shortcut, the key sequence no longer works. I can double
    >>> click on the icon and it works fine, but the key sequence no longer
    >>> works. Is this a bug?

Support Microsoft Windows XP