Space Invaders: why is the last guy odd?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 15, 2005 3:03:20 AM

Hey all, this is sort of a tech question but mostly out of curiosity
not like I need to repair a machine or anything.
Is there a reason why the last guy left in Space Invaders moves faster
when travelling from left to right than when he comes right to left? I
have noticed it on every machine I have played. I assume there's a
timing issue or something?
Just curious.

More about : space invaders guy odd

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 5:01:44 AM

I don't know the "REAL REASON" but I have always assumed it to make it
harder to kill him. If he goes at a constant rate you can get your timing
down but when he changes speed it throws off your timing.

Just my thoughts.

Brent
!