G

I've got an MX Card on an Asus A7V. And as I can't get AGP4X to work stable, I'm trying to set the card to AGP2X. Strangely the only tool that really works is Powerstrip. In other tools like NVMax I can set whatever I want, the card keeps working in 4X mode.
The only problem with Powerstrip is it sometimes kills my mouse.
So I'm looking for an alternative to Powerstrip.

Thanks in advance

Fastjack

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you install the latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers from www.viatech.com?
If so did you choose to install the AGP driver in normal or optimal?
If you didn't install the drivers or if you picked normal in the installation, install them again, this time pick the optimal or turbo installation.

If you are using Win2000 then it is a different problem which can be fixed by following the instructions on the Microsoft web site. You will have to edit your registry.

G

All right!
I know exactly how to fix your problem.. first let me outline a few things

The drivers on the CD that come with your graphics card should be 3.xx as the ones that came with my v6800 DDR deluxe were 3.75

NOW those will let you use AGP4x correct?

NOW when you install the betadrivers which are 5.xx they will only go AGP2x.. Now this is where my solution comes in handy!

FIRST.. delete powerstrip! ok? SHould your motherboard allow you to use AGP4x this is where i can help you.. HERE you can pick whether you wanna use the Asus drivers or the latest nvidia drivers it doesn't matter

I have a little program for you.. ARGH i forgot the url but if you 'd like to message me on icq at 1452207 i will gladly send it to you.. Consider me the Asus helper =D

G

Hi:

I read your post and maybe you can help me as well. I have this problem with my Asus 7100MX card and my Asus A7V motherboard.
1: The video card can only runs on AGP1X and nor more.
2: The video card can't play any video at all (VCD,DVD etc)

Here are the spec of my system:
Duron 650Mhz
256 MB PC100 RAM
Asus A7V Motherboard
Asus 7100 Geforce 2 MX with TV Out
IBM 30G ATA100 Hard Drive.
VIA 4 In 1 Driver
BIOS Ver1.0 From ASUS
NVidia Detonator Driver

Do I have to upgrade my Bios or something?
If you can help, please emailme at alec6266@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help

Alex

G

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. My first problem is. That card is not rated to run at AGP1x. It should either run at 2x or 4x. You can try upgrading the motherboard BIOS but i do not think it will do any good.. What you can try is, in the bios there is a setting for AGP that says.. I think OPTIMAL, and NORMAL.. One will allow maximum of 2x and your system will be more stable. One will all a max of AGP4x but it says your system will be less stable but it won't.. and i think that option is OPTIMUM.. set it to that.

now try it again

if there are future probs message me back