How to get 2 lines of the Taskbar

Sometimes my taskbar fills up because I have a large number of
applications displayed and I have to click the up and down arrow to move
from one line to another. I would prefer to have 2 lines of the taskbar
displayed because it would be quicker to switch to other applications
than having to use the up and down arrows. One time I had 2 lines of
taskbar displayed, but I don't know how I got it. Does anyone know how
to get more than 1 line of the taskbar displayed?

Bob Speck

Right click on the taskbar and make sure it is not locked.
At this point, if you move your cursor to the top of the taskbar, it will
turn in to a double arrow that you can click and drag the taskbar up as many
lines as you like.

Chris

"Bob Speck" <bobspeck@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Sometimes my taskbar fills up because I have a large number of
> applications displayed and I have to click the up and down arrow to move
> from one line to another. I would prefer to have 2 lines of the taskbar
> displayed because it would be quicker to switch to other applications than
> having to use the up and down arrows. One time I had 2 lines of taskbar
> displayed, but I don't know how I got it. Does anyone know how to get more
> than 1 line of the taskbar displayed?
>
> Bob Speck

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Sometimes my taskbar fills up because I have a large number of
>
> applications displayed and I have to click the up and down
> arrow to move
> from one line to another. I would prefer to have 2 lines of
> the taskbar
> displayed because it would be quicker to switch to other
> applications
> than having to use the up and down arrows. One time I had 2
> lines of
> taskbar displayed, but I don't know how I got it. Does anyone
> know how
> to get more than 1 line of the taskbar displayed?
>
> Bob Speck

Yes, simple, right clikc task bar, make sure the option "Lock the
Taskbar" is unchecked. Then with the newly apeared boarder on the
task, drag it it up "one line" as you put it, then lock the taskbar
again.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-lines-Taskbar-ftopict552096.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749919

TRENDING THREADS