Tech: WG4600 screen scrambled

I have a Frogger with a WG4600 that was suffering from intermitent and
then permanent screen collapse. I pulled the chassis and re-capped it.
After putting it back into the game, the picture is scrambled. The
game plays fine so I am thinking it is a monitor issue. I don't think
it is a sync problem as the picture is locked in and the color looks
good. There has to be an adjustment I am missing.

Thanks.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL
mikesarcade at comcast dot net
3 answers Last reply
More about tech wg4600 screen scrambled

    I use this flowchart to help me diagnose monitor (and TV) problems:
    http://slot-techs.com/magazine/centerfold.pdf

    df

    mikesarcade@comcast.net wrote:
    > I have a Frogger with a WG4600 that was suffering from intermitent and
    > then permanent screen collapse. I pulled the chassis and re-capped it.
    > After putting it back into the game, the picture is scrambled. The
    > game plays fine so I am thinking it is a monitor issue. I don't think
    > it is a sync problem as the picture is locked in and the color looks
    > good. There has to be an adjustment I am missing.

    Did you connect the video cable correctly? They can be connected either
    way (not keyed). Try the other way and see if that fixes the problem...

    can you post a pic?

    <mikesarcade@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have a Frogger with a WG4600 that was suffering from intermitent and
    > then permanent screen collapse. I pulled the chassis and re-capped it.
    > After putting it back into the game, the picture is scrambled. The
    > game plays fine so I am thinking it is a monitor issue. I don't think
    > it is a sync problem as the picture is locked in and the color looks
    > good. There has to be an adjustment I am missing.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Mike Fox
    > Algonquin, IL
    > mikesarcade at comcast dot net