baddest mofo out

G

ok,ok. i know the voodoo 6 is supposed to be huge ($600 too) but i wanna know. whats the baddest mofo card out. pcgamer reccommends a nvidia geforce 2 ultra ($499), hypersonic (machine builders) say 64mb hercules gefroce 2 ultra ddr/tv out, aliienware (another builder) says nvidia gefroce 2 ultra 64 mb ddr video tv-out, and falcon northwest (yet another builder) says Hercules 3D Prophet/GeForce II ULTRA, 64meg, AGP. soo wadda yall think....

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well when you think about it the diamond fire gl3 is the badest out and does autoCAD. but it cost to much. -note- its powered by a ibm gpu

-- takes one to now one --

G

I've found the Voodoo 5 to be a little more compatible with my hardware (the Ultra was giving my monitor a refresh rate it couldn't handle), but the V5 doesn't take full advantage of the AGP slot. In fact, it's pretty much a PCI card using an AGP slot. The dual processors on the V5 are not fused, and therefore not fully compatible with the AGP. The AGP only recognizes 1 processor, so the 2 processors need to be fused to I guess "trick" the AGP. Anyway, the V5 is a very good card, and I would highly recommend it, but it is a bit slow. On some of my more graphics rich games, it has a hard time keeping up. For instance, in MotoCross Madness2, using the V5, the game would stutter every now and then, so I had to compromise my graphics quality so the game would run smoothly. HOwever, I just bought a Creative GeForce2 Ultra, and even though I spent a long time configuring my monitor (it's a cheap MagView VM900E 19"), all of my games run extremely smooth with the graphics jacked to the max. So, in summary, the GeForce2 Ultra is the best... for now.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
haha, this post is funny, there will never be a voodoo6, lol

TBird 800 - Asus A7V 1005a
256 PC133 - Maxtor 45GB ATA100
Radeon 32DDR - SB Live MP3+