Make Windows Boot At A Certain Time!

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me to get the computer to boot at
particular time, eg. 8:00a.m?

Cheers
Steve

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 07:07:02 -0700, "Steve"
<Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone can help me to get the computer to boot at
>particular time, eg. 8:00a.m?
>
>Cheers
>Steve

Wake up sooner, and boot the computer by 8?

If that is not possible, you must either have, or purchase, a
motherboard which contains a BIOS which allows your computer to boot
automatically at a certain time. See the User Manual for your
motherboard.

Otherwise if your System Bios has a function to Wake-on-LAN, you could
get someone with a computer and Internet connection to call your
computer at 8 and wake it up.

Wake up, lazybones!!! Get up, Get up!!!

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E4EF79C9-0E61-4872-9969-05B277B59428@microsoft.com,
Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can help me to get the computer to boot at
> particular time, eg. 8:00a.m?
>
> Cheers
> Steve

Your BIOS setup may offer this option. It's usually called something like
"Wake On Alarm" or the like. Check in there (use the delete, esc, of F1 key
normally when you boot or read the manual that came with your computer for
more information) and you may find that it's an option. If not then you
*might* be able to figure out a way to get PowerOff to do it for you:
http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/applications.html

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes