snap-in creation failed

July 1, 2005 11:32:07 AM

For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}

Can anyone Help?

--
Andrea

More about : snap creation failed

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:39:03 PM

Run System File Checker

1) Insert your WinXP installation CD

2) Then go to Start > Run and type
sfc /scannow
click OK

For more detail visit:
http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf

--
Michael

"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
> CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
>
> Can anyone Help?
>
> --
> Andrea
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 6:28:25 PM

Error Message "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" When You Use Microsoft
Management Console
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297064

"Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Error Message When You Open Microsoft
Management Console
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp...;en-us;826282

You receive a “Cannot open <Snap-in Name>” error message when you try to
start MMC on a Windows XP-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326574

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E34D170E-589B-4BF9-B0E3-38E680E1A30B@microsoft.com,
Andrea <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
> CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
>
> Can anyone Help?
>
> --
> Andrea
Related resources
July 2, 2005 8:03:01 AM

Will this erase everything I have already?

--
Andrea

"Michael T" wrote:

> Run System File Checker
>
> 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
>
> 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
> sfc /scannow
> click OK
>
> For more detail visit:
> http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf
>
> --
> Michael
>
> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
> > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
> >
> > Can anyone Help?
> >
> > --
> > Andrea

July 2, 2005 6:29:10 PM

My CD Rom hasn't worked since my defrag hasn't worked, but thank for the info
anyway.
--
Andrea

"Michael T" wrote:

> Run System File Checker
>
> 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
>
> 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
> sfc /scannow
> click OK
>
> For more detail visit:
> http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf
>
> --
> Michael
>
> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
> > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
> >
> > Can anyone Help?
> >
> > --
> > Andrea

July 2, 2005 7:25:01 PM

Thank you for those links, but none apply to Windows Xp Home edition.
Thanks anyway.
--
Andrea

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Error Message "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" When You Use Microsoft
> Management Console
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297064
>
> "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Error Message When You Open Microsoft
> Management Console
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp...;en-us;826282
>
> You receive a “Cannot open <Snap-in Name>� error message when you try to
> start MMC on a Windows XP-based computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326574
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E34D170E-589B-4BF9-B0E3-38E680E1A30B@microsoft.com,
> Andrea <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
> > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
> >
> > Can anyone Help?
> >
> > --
> > Andrea

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 6:25:30 AM

Are you saying that you are having problems defragging your hard drive and
you cannot access your CD drive?

If so, it looks like hardware and you may need to make a trip to your local
PC repair shop.

> My CD Rom hasn't worked since my defrag hasn't worked, but thank for the
> info
> anyway.
> --
> Andrea
>

> "Michael T" wrote:
>
>> Run System File Checker
>>
>> 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
>>
>> 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
>> sfc /scannow
>> click OK
>>
>> For more detail visit:
>> http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf
>>
>> --
>> Michael
>>
>> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
>> > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
>> >
>> > Can anyone Help?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Andrea

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 6:44:34 AM

No it will not. Plus with XP Home (with two computers in my home) I sue the
XP installation CDs interchangeably to run System File Checker. So it may be
the case that you can borrow a CD from a neighbor and perform the test. But
if you cannot access your CD drive obviously this is not an option.

Finally, try to boot in Safe Mode (tapping F8 a few times while booting).

Good luck as it looks like you have a precarious problem here.

> Will this erase everything I have already?
>

> --
> Andrea
>

> "Michael T" wrote:
>
>> Run System File Checker
>>
>> 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
>>
>> 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
>> sfc /scannow
>> click OK
>>
>> For more detail visit:
>> http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf

July 5, 2005 11:45:08 AM

Andrea

"Michael T" wrote:

> No it will not. Plus with XP Home (with two computers in my home) I sue the
> XP installation CDs interchangeably to run System File Checker. So it may be
> the case that you can borrow a CD from a neighbor and perform the test. But
> if you cannot access your CD drive obviously this is not an option.
>
> Finally, try to boot in Safe Mode (tapping F8 a few times while booting).
>
> Good luck as it looks like you have a precarious problem here.

I do. Once I buy a new cd-rom drive. I should be able to fix my disk
defragmenter. Thank you for your help!

!