snap-in creation failed

For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}

Can anyone Help?

--
Andrea
8 answers Last reply

    Run System File Checker

    1) Insert your WinXP installation CD

    2) Then go to Start > Run and type
    sfc /scannow
    click OK

    For more detail visit:
    http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf

    --
    Michael

    "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
    > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
    >
    > Can anyone Help?
    >
    > --
    > Andrea

    Error Message "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" When You Use Microsoft
    Management Console
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297064

    "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Error Message When You Open Microsoft
    Management Console
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;826282

    You receive a “Cannot open <Snap-in Name>” error message when you try to
    start MMC on a Windows XP-based computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326574

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:E34D170E-589B-4BF9-B0E3-38E680E1A30B@microsoft.com,
    Andrea <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
    > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
    >
    > Can anyone Help?
    >
    > --
    > Andrea

    Will this erase everything I have already?

    --
    Andrea

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Run System File Checker
    >
    > 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
    >
    > 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
    > sfc /scannow
    > click OK
    >
    > For more detail visit:
    > http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf
    >
    > --
    > Michael
    >
    > "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
    > > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
    > >
    > > Can anyone Help?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Andrea

    My CD Rom hasn't worked since my defrag hasn't worked, but thank for the info
    anyway.
    --
    Andrea

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Run System File Checker
    >
    > 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
    >
    > 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
    > sfc /scannow
    > click OK
    >
    > For more detail visit:
    > http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf
    >
    > --
    > Michael
    >
    > "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
    > > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
    > >
    > > Can anyone Help?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Andrea

    Thank you for those links, but none apply to Windows Xp Home edition.
    Thanks anyway.
    --
    Andrea

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Error Message "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" When You Use Microsoft
    > Management Console
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297064
    >
    > "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Error Message When You Open Microsoft
    > Management Console
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;826282
    >
    > You receive a “Cannot open <Snap-in Name>� error message when you try to
    > start MMC on a Windows XP-based computer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326574
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:E34D170E-589B-4BF9-B0E3-38E680E1A30B@microsoft.com,
    > Andrea <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
    > > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
    > >
    > > Can anyone Help?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Andrea

    Are you saying that you are having problems defragging your hard drive and
    you cannot access your CD drive?

    If so, it looks like hardware and you may need to make a trip to your local
    PC repair shop.

    > My CD Rom hasn't worked since my defrag hasn't worked, but thank for the
    > info
    > anyway.
    > --
    > Andrea
    >

    > "Michael T" wrote:
    >
    >> Run System File Checker
    >>
    >> 1) Insert your WinXP installation CD
    >>
    >> 2) Then go to Start > Run and type
    >> sfc /scannow
    >> click OK
    >>
    >> For more detail visit:
    >> http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/scannow-sfc.pdf
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael
    >>
    >> "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > For Disk Defragmenter (Windows XP Home Edition)
    >> > CLSID:{43668E21-2636-11D1-A1CE-0080C88593A5}
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone Help?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Andrea

    No it will not. Plus with XP Home (with two computers in my home) I sue the
    XP installation CDs interchangeably to run System File Checker. So it may be
    the case that you can borrow a CD from a neighbor and perform the test. But
    if you cannot access your CD drive obviously this is not an option.

    Finally, try to boot in Safe Mode (tapping F8 a few times while booting).

    Good luck as it looks like you have a precarious problem here.

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > No it will not. Plus with XP Home (with two computers in my home) I sue the
    > XP installation CDs interchangeably to run System File Checker. So it may be
    > the case that you can borrow a CD from a neighbor and perform the test. But
    > if you cannot access your CD drive obviously this is not an option.
    >
    > Finally, try to boot in Safe Mode (tapping F8 a few times while booting).
    >
    > Good luck as it looks like you have a precarious problem here.

    I do. Once I buy a new cd-rom drive. I should be able to fix my disk
    defragmenter. Thank you for your help!

    > "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Will this erase everything I have already?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Andrea
    > >

    > > "Michael T" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Run System File Checker