SMS gateway - LAPI

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.fido,alt.cellular,comp.client-server (More info?)

Hi,

I want to send and receive mails using the SMS Gateway using the LAPI
Protocol. If I have the Gateway IP, Port, Username, Password to
connect to the system, and the language being used is Java, then how
to approach for the project.

Also I require references on the LAPI Protocol. How about using Java
Socket Programming.
2 answers Last reply
More about gateway lapi
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.fido,alt.cellular,comp.client-server (More info?)

    >I want to send and receive mails using the SMS Gateway using the LAPI
    >Protocol. If I have the Gateway IP, Port, Username, Password to
    >connect to the system, and the language being used is Java, then how
    >to approach for the project.

    Why don't you just use SMS gateway software like PageGate
    http://www.notepage.net/pagegate.htm ?

    Best
    Judy
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.fido,alt.cellular,comp.client-server (More info?)

    Thanks for the response. I am trying PageGate. I am developing a site
    that will advertise the messages to the mobile numbers stored in the
    database.

Fido Gateway Internet Service Providers