Geforce DDR or a Geforce MX?

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wanna buy a geforce card today. Im looking at Either a Cardex Geforce2 MX, Or I saw a Elsa Erazor X2 DDR for $144. Now the question is, are there more features with the MX or should I get the Erazor for the extra fps. I really dont care about dual view, I just want tv-out which they both have.

G

Then I should go for the DDR card, it's fast memory will give you more FPS when playing in 32 bit mode. The core of the Geforce is basicly a little faster than the MX one (even when opperating at lower speed).

Take one thing in to option!
Make sure you have a good Motherboard!! The GeForce is known to have trouble with a lot of MB's (because it demands too much power). Also take in account that geforce card are hot!!! (65 °C when fully used) So additional cooling is necessary. Of all the Geforce card i have seen, only the asus was completely stable.

So infom yourself and chosse wisely

Godim

shark

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the creative mx card has only a 64bit bus (indead of 128bit as other mx cards) and the memory is also slower, this card is the slowest (and probably cheapest) mx card available.

G

what sort of prob. do you have ?

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It wont display an Image When I boot with my 20" monitor, but works with my 15". I think it has something to do with it not being a plug and play monitor but its all abuncha BS.
I have the lastest bios also

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thank you, my response would be the same, go with the GeForce ddr as the memory bandwith is almost twice as much and as we know, that is the bottleneck with video lately. Take-Out Good Luck.

mpjesse

Splendid
I've seen a couple benchmarks and the two cards are about dead even in performance. So, either way won't make much of a difference. Though, the overclockabllity of the DDR board may be better. I don't think it really matters though.

-MP Jesse

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Enough ppl i already bought a card :) Sending it back though, If i cant get it to work with my Monitor I think Ill have to go with an MX because I dont have enough money to drop on a normal price geforce, I got this one for a great deal, I might get a leadtek If I can find another DDR for under $140