Voodoo 5500 64mB vs Annihilator II 32MB

G

I am running a PII 415 on an abit BE6 II motherboard with a TNT2 16MB card. I am looking to upgrade either my processor or get a new video card. If I get a card, I can get either the VooDoo 5 5500 64MB 4x AGP, or the Annihilator II Geforce 2 32MB DDR. I was curious if anyone knew which one would be better for my computer, or if I should just upgrade my processor(I can get a PIII 800 133bus for what one of these would cost me.)??? If you got any suggestions, email me at egilroy@tulane.edu

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have only heard bad things about the Voodoo cards in general, including the 5500. It definately would not out perform the Geforce2 card. My friend just got his vision tek Geforce2 card in the mail today, and for $160 it seems to rock. My Asus Geforce2 deluxe will be coming in later this week. For $220 with TV in/out, I highly suggest it. I would definately not go with the Voodoo stuff. I am in your same boat though, I am running a K6-3 400, and I know I need to upgrade. I am hoping that the new video card will hold me over until DDR boards are out. That reminds me...why you thinking about P3? I got my bro a P3 700, and to tell you the truth I am not impressed. My friend's $60 Duron kicks the $200 P3.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a voodoo 5 and to tell you the truth I wish it was a bit faster, but does it play games well? Yes but the D3D isn't all that great. The image quality is awesome espicially with AA4x going. I hate ppl who are like Voodoos suck just because they don't get 50 trillion frames. If you want the best yeah spend the money and get a GeForce or whatnot. But since the price dropped on them it is a decent card and should only improve as the drivers get better.

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."