cant get cd program file to run

I have a game on cd that I downloaded into my c drive and when I try to run
it the error message says, " myst requires a 256-color palettized display
driver." What is a palettized driver and where do I find it?
Thank you for your time!

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:23:07 -0700, femaleadams_4@msn.com wrote:

> I have a game on cd that I downloaded into my c drive and when I try to run
> it the error message says, " myst requires a 256-color palettized display
> driver." What is a palettized driver and where do I find it?
> Thank you for your time!

Right click the shortcut for the game and select Properties. In the screen
that appears, click the Compatibility tab to bring it to the forefront.
Place a check next to "run in 256 colors." Click OK and try the game. If
still no luck, the other two settings, especially the one for 640x480, may
need to be checked as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User