Sign in with
Your question

hercules geforce 2 ddr 64mb vs ATI Radeon64MB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2000 6:46:15 PM

i know the geforce 2 puts better numbers, but the radeon i heard has better image quality.... which is better?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2000 6:59:29 PM

My advise Hercules GF2 DDR :cool:
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 21, 2000 12:55:32 AM

gf2 ultra i mean, not gts.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2000 8:42:42 PM

I have tried both ATI (Rage Fury) and NVIDIA (GeForce 256 SDR) on my PC and have found that:
- ATI board (appears to) work faster in 2D
- ATI board is more stable. Have never experienced lockups with 3D games when using ATI board but did experience lockups every now and then with NVIDIA.
- Picture of ATI board is definitely clearer than picture from NVIDIA board!
I am about to buy myself a new PC and was considering a Geforce 2 GTS or Ultra board, but my thoughts are going more in the direction of a Radeon board currently. I have always used ATI in the past and am very satisfied with it. So why would I change? I don't actually care if the frame rate is a bit slower, it's fast enough anyway...
December 2, 2000 10:17:42 PM

Radeon is better for DVD playing i have heard. Mind u i personally would prefer a Geforce 2 64MB just because it would give you better frame rates and if you turn on FSAA then it will look cool. But on the other side of things i believe the Radeon is better because its cheaper by quite a bit and also its meant to be pretty neat in 32bit colour if thats what u r after

Please dont hurt me.....please
!