Sign in with
Your question

Forgot my power on password on my laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 22, 2012 2:10:01 PM

how to get into my computer if I have forgotten my power on password?
a b D Laptop
November 22, 2012 2:15:49 PM

We can't help you. It's against the forum rules because there's no way to verify the machine is actually yours. Call the manufacturer and ask them to help, and be prepared to verify that you're the owner.
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 22, 2012 2:30:26 PM

How the hell do people "forget" a password they use all the time and if they can't remember a poweron password, which is usually limited in length, then don't put a damn password on.

If it's a BIOS or HD password on your laptop, you are going to have to pay big bucks to have it removed and send your laptop off to a pro shop and laptop bios passwords are more advanced and store in discrete chips usually on laptops and pulling the CMOS battery isn't enough to get past it.
m
l
Related resources
a c 202 D Laptop
November 22, 2012 11:33:06 PM

Hi everyone, if you forgot you password for the HD, you could format your HD and recover your OS. But if you forgot your password in your BIOS it is a very simple operation to do but it is against the rules of this site. Better luck next time.
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 22, 2012 11:54:30 PM

jarotech said:
Hi everyone, if you forgot you password for the HD, you could format your HD and recover your OS. But if you forgot your password in your BIOS it is a very simple operation to do but it is against the rules of this site. Better luck next time.

A locked HD can't usually be formatted or anything done to it once it's locked. As for the BIOS password, on modern day laptops it's not a simple operation and is far beyond just taking a battery out of the motherboard or whatever you're thinking.
m
l
November 23, 2012 12:11:47 AM

It's against the forum rules for this topic.
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 23, 2012 12:58:36 AM

^Oh god, they're migrating from the news posts.
m
l
!