I am an at-home medical transcriptionist and often have multiple files,
programs and internet windows opened. Twice yesterday, while typing reports,
my computer screen went black. I could still hear the dictation playing
through the pedal and when I did ctrl+s it saved my work, but I had to
restart the computer to get the screen to come back up. Please help.

Update your grapic-card files
http://www.lavalys.com (idenifies your grapic and linkes you to the update
page)
--