graham

Recently posted problem (still not resolved) about computer rebooting on
shutdown - it appears to have started just after installing the large batch
of patches released for XP has anyboby else noticed this problem. It seems
as though it may have corrupted a graphics driver for my Radon card.
Re-installing drivers has NOT fixed the problem

Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Graham" <gr.skinner@virgin.net> wrote in message news:91085D52-6BBC-4363-A63C-24933AF1C273@microsoft.com...
> Recently posted problem (still not resolved) about computer rebooting on
> shutdown - it appears to have started just after installing the large batch
> of patches released for XP has anyboby else noticed this problem. It seems
> as though it may have corrupted a graphics driver for my Radon card.
> Re-installing drivers has NOT fixed the problem

Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Graham" <gr.skinner@virgin.net> wrote in message news:91085D52-6BBC-4363-A63C-24933AF1C273@microsoft.com...
> Recently posted problem (still not resolved) about computer rebooting on
> shutdown - it appears to have started just after installing the large batch
> of patches released for XP has anyboby else noticed this problem. It seems
> as though it may have corrupted a graphics driver for my Radon card.
> Re-installing drivers has NOT fixed the problem

graham

Hi Mark

Here is the message on the stop Screen:

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X80578F0B, 0XF8C24908, 0X00000000)

Did another restart

Got another blue screen with

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X0000000A (0X760C703B, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804EB3EB)

each time I restart get a different messgae on blue screen.

I have also tried a system restore in safe mode but this didn't work either.

I am pretty sure that it is a corrupted driver somewhere (probably the
graphics drivers) but in spite of re-intalling them the problem still
persists.

I'm not a complete novice but I have really no idea how to track down which
one(s) are causing the problems.

Hope the above message helps you help me.

Thanks

Graham

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
> and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Graham" <gr.skinner@virgin.net> wrote in message news:91085D52-6BBC-4363-A63C-24933AF1C273@microsoft.com...
> > Recently posted problem (still not resolved) about computer rebooting on
> > shutdown - it appears to have started just after installing the large batch
> > of patches released for XP has anyboby else noticed this problem. It seems
> > as though it may have corrupted a graphics driver for my Radon card.
> > Re-installing drivers has NOT fixed the problem

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED This error requires the debugger to look at the parameters of the error Usually this is some
hardware driver failure. Running 'verifier' may identify it.

How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244617

--
Mark L. Ferguson