Rogers found the Microcell customer base far more lucrativ..

Last response: in Network Providers
May 16, 2005 11:37:38 PM

From the May 14 Globe & Mail column 'Streetwise' there is a discussion
on the internal struggle at Bell over a potential bid for Microcell.
This is a subscription article so I can't post a URL, but I did find the
following quote interesting:

> Once it closed the purchase, Rogers found the Microcell customer base was far more lucrative than suspected. The hidden jewel in the newly acquired company was a big chunk of frequent-flier business customers who must stay in touch when they travel. These clients willingly pay huge monthly bills to own phones and Blackberries that roam.

Brendan
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 10:12:55 PM

Fido doesn't and never has had Blackberries

"Brendan McCullough" <bmccull@nospam.shaw.ca> wrote in message
> From the May 14 Globe & Mail column 'Streetwise' there is a discussion
> on the internal struggle at Bell over a potential bid for Microcell.
> This is a subscription article so I can't post a URL, but I did find the
> following quote interesting:
>
> > Once it closed the purchase, Rogers found the Microcell customer base
was far more lucrative than suspected. The hidden jewel in the newly
acquired company was a big chunk of frequent-flier business customers who
must stay in touch when they travel. These clients willingly pay huge
monthly bills to own phones and Blackberries that roam.

> Brendan
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 9:55:11 AM

topflyte wrote:
> Fido doesn't and never has had Blackberries

I believe, that in this context, 'Blackberries' is generic for data
devices.
!