Belkin F5D7130

Hello,

I have a businessnetwork. At the ground floor and at the first floor there
are two AP's (Belkin F5D7130). When I walk through the building with my
portable, sometimes I find an AP. Let's say I'm connected to AP-first floor
(AP1). I go downstairs and put my laptop on a table near the other AP (AP0).
I'm still connected to AP1, but with a weak signal. After rebooting the
laptop, the portable reconnects to AP1. Then, I leave the place. Standing on
the stairs I decide to switch off an on the wireless connection on my
laptop. You'll never guess... The portable decides to connect to AP0.
This problem occurs with different network-cards. I tested Intel
Pro/Wireless and Broadcom 802.11b and 802.11g.

Can anyone help me out? Can anyone make me a little scheme?

Thanx

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What is the problem? You do not want to connect to either AP? or you only
want to connect to one..... Either way, you can set this in you wireless
settings. Do not let it connect to an AP that is not on the list.

Michael

"Christophe D'Haene" <cdh@yuse.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a businessnetwork. At the ground floor and at the first floor there
> are two AP's (Belkin F5D7130). When I walk through the building with my
> portable, sometimes I find an AP. Let's say I'm connected to AP-first
floor
> (AP1). I go downstairs and put my laptop on a table near the other AP
(AP0).
> I'm still connected to AP1, but with a weak signal. After rebooting the
> laptop, the portable reconnects to AP1. Then, I leave the place. Standing
on
> the stairs I decide to switch off an on the wireless connection on my
> laptop. You'll never guess... The portable decides to connect to AP0.
> This problem occurs with different network-cards. I tested Intel
> Pro/Wireless and Broadcom 802.11b and 802.11g.
>
> Can anyone help me out? Can anyone make me a little scheme?
>
> Thanx

wouldn't that be a normal thing if I expect that the portable
switches/connects to that AP with the stronger signal?