Solved

Laptop decision?

Hey I need to know which of these two laptops would be better for gaming and everyday use.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215401



And if there is any other laptops you recommend for under $650 that would be great aswell. Thanks!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop decision
  1. guyfromnebraska said:
    Hey I need to know which of these two laptops would be better for gaming and everyday use.


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215401



    And if there is any other laptops you recommend for under $650 that would be great aswell. Thanks!



    Nvidia GPU is some what better. The intel cpu is moderately better. So the 650$ is the better computer but not be a vast margin as far as specs. But I personally do not like AMD CPUs so I would get the i5
  2. Thanks. But may I ask, what makes the i5 a better cpu?
  3. The core i5 processor is much more powerful and the A8 series processors. It can handle a lot more load.
  4. Best answer
    Labrynthian said:
    The core i5 processor is much more powerful and the A8 series processors. It can handle a lot more load.


    Much more? This is an ultra book i5 not a normal i5...

    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-3317U+%40+1.70GHz

    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-4500M+APU
  5. rolltide101x said:



    What's the difference between an Ultrabook i5 and a "normal" i5? You have 2nd gen i5s and 3rd gen i5s, it doesn't matter if its in an ultra book or a "normal" laptop.
  6. ?

    An ultra book does not use as "high grade" an i5 due to heat concerns so that specific i5 is not as powerful as a general i5 which the benchmarks show.
  7. rolltide101x said:
    ?

    An ultra book does not use as "high grade" an i5 due to heat concerns so that specific i5 is not as powerful as a general i5 which the benchmarks show.



    Lol. Sorry mate, that makes absolutely no sense.
  8. Labrynthian said:
    Lol. Sorry mate, that makes absolutely no sense.


    Do you see the "U" at the end of the name "i5 3317U" that means it was designed for an Ultrabook and that it is a lower grade as far as performance...... This can not be any clearer lol
  9. Best answer selected by guyfromnebraska.
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Laptops Gaming Product