problem at startup

My PC stopped starting properly 2 days ago. When I turn it on I usually, but
not always, get a blue screen. I can start it by pressing control/alt/delete.
I get the task manager, and then I delete DrWatson. Then it starts. But the
same thing happens the next time. Sometimes instead of a blue screen I get an
error message from DrWatson. When I press "details," I get
EventType : BEX P1 : drwtsn32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.0 P3 :
3b7d84a2
P4 : dbghelp.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 4110969a P7 : 0001295d
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

Any help would be much appreciated.

12fred <12fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My PC stopped starting properly 2 days ago. When I turn it on I usually, but
>not always, get a blue screen. I can start it by pressing control/alt/delete.
>I get the task manager, and then I delete DrWatson. Then it starts. But the
>same thing happens the next time. Sometimes instead of a blue screen I get an
>error message from DrWatson. When I press "details," I get
> EventType : BEX P1 : drwtsn32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.0 P3 :
>3b7d84a2
>P4 : dbghelp.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 4110969a P7 : 0001295d
>P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000
>
>Any help would be much appreciated.

Disable Dr. Watson from loading at startup. About all it ever does is
to either cause errors by itself or to obscure the real cause of the
problem thereby preventing any diagnosis of the underlying cause.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> 12fred <12fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My PC stopped starting properly 2 days ago. When I turn it on I usually, but
> >not always, get a blue screen. I can start it by pressing control/alt/delete.
> >I get the task manager, and then I delete DrWatson. Then it starts. But the
> >same thing happens the next time. Sometimes instead of a blue screen I get an
> >error message from DrWatson. When I press "details," I get
> > EventType : BEX P1 : drwtsn32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.0 P3 :
> >3b7d84a2
> >P4 : dbghelp.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 4110969a P7 : 0001295d
> >P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000
> >
> >Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Disable Dr. Watson from loading at startup. About all it ever does is
> to either cause errors by itself or to obscure the real cause of the
> problem thereby preventing any diagnosis of the underlying cause.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Thanks for trying, but it didn't help. I searched for DrWatson and then sent
it to the recycle bin. But when I restarted the computer it popped up again.
Also, and it makes me think that my problem involves some sort of virus, when
I went to system restore, the only available date was that day, when my
problem started.