How do I restore my computer to like the day I bought it?

I want to make my computer like the way I bought it. I need to take
everything off and start from clean again because I am selling the
computer and do not want any of my stuff to be on the machine anymore.
How should I go about doing this? I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 and the
cd's that came with it do not help. I have a Re-Installation of Windows
CD but when I tried to use that it said that there was a newer version
installed on my computer. I guess because I installed the service pack
2. Can someone help please help me to get this computer back to day 1!

--
bds06
2 answers Last reply

    Have a look here..
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1084247

    "bds06" <bds06.1ril1o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    | I want to make my computer like the way I bought it. I need to take
    | everything off and start from clean again because I am selling the
    | computer and do not want any of my stuff to be on the machine
    anymore.
    | How should I go about doing this? I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 and
    the
    | cd's that came with it do not help. I have a Re-Installation of
    Windows
    | CD but when I tried to use that it said that there was a newer
    version
    | installed on my computer. I guess because I installed the service
    pack
    | 2. Can someone help please help me to get this computer back to day
    1!

    | --
    | bds06

    well delete all your programs and empty your recycle bin and then set all the
    others to default status. If you installed sound cards go into bios and
    reinstall the integrated sound . After you take out the sound card. OH and If
    you installed a video card uninstall it and put back the original video card
    and then load drivers.
    Well my friend I hope that helps. Good Luck !

    --
    attilathehun1

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > Have a look here..
    > http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1084247
    >
    > "bds06" <bds06.1ril1o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    > |
    > | I want to make my computer like the way I bought it. I need to take
    > | everything off and start from clean again because I am selling the
    > | computer and do not want any of my stuff to be on the machine
    > anymore.
    > | How should I go about doing this? I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 and
    > the
    > | cd's that came with it do not help. I have a Re-Installation of
    > Windows
    > | CD but when I tried to use that it said that there was a newer
    > version
    > | installed on my computer. I guess because I installed the service
    > pack
    > | 2. Can someone help please help me to get this computer back to day
    > 1!
    > |

    > | --
    > | bds06

Dell Inspiron Support Computers CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP