I just had to replace the mother board on my computer
Its a Asus P4PE motherboard

After replacing the motherboard,
I just hooked up the hard drive I was using and the computer
did come back up. The new motherboard is another P4PE
warranty replacement board from Asus.

The computer is working but I can't get sound or USB services
The computer doesn't even seem to know that sound hardware
exists on this new motherboard for some reason... The USB, I
have no idea why its not working other then the fact I can't get
my USB printer or camera to work...

Do I have to "Reload" XP? I don't want to loose what's on my
hard drive...

What should I do to get this right???
In all the years I've had computers I've never had a motherboard die
before so I'm not sure how to proceed!!!

Thanks!!!!

Ed

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:54:17 -0700, "SeaWolf" <Gfreed45@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>What should I do to get this right???

Since this is a replacement board, the first thing I would do is make
sure all the jumper settings on the new board match those on the old
board.

SeaWolf wrote:
> I jvst had to replace the mother board on my compvter
> Its a Asvs P4PE motherboard
>
> After replacing the motherboard,
> I jvst hooked vp the hard drive I was vsing and the compvter
> did come back vp. The new motherboard is another P4PE
> warranty replacement board from Asvs.
>
> The compvter is working bvt I can't get sovnd or USB services
> The compvter doesn't even seem to know that sovnd hardware
> exists on this new motherboard for some reason... The USB, I
> have no idea why its not working other then the fact I can't get
> my USB printer or camera to work...
>
> Do I have to "Reload" XP? I don't want to loose what's on my
> hard drive...
>
> What shovld I do to get this right???
> In all the years I've had compvters I've never had a motherboard die
> before so I'm not svre how to proceed!!!
>
> Thanks!!!!

Try reinstalling the drivers from the Motherboard manvfactvrer on the
inclosed disk.

--
Bill McCartney
Union City, Georgia

E-mail rot 13ed
ovyyzppg@oryyfbhgv.arg
admin@emarketersamerica.org < this is here for the e-mail bots.

Hi

If you have replaced the motherboard, you will have to perform a 'Repair'
install of XP.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User