Constant Options menu on reboot after good shutdown

TCM

Stange situation!! I have checked for the Netkernal Trojan with no results.
Ran the Malicous Software Removal Tool with no results. Ran Norton and
AntiVir with no results. I GIVE UP! ;o) When this happens there is NO ERROR
SHOWN IN THE ERROR LOG??

When the "auto restart" is disabled the sys halts with a blue screen error
which led me to believe it was a Netkernal Trojan. When this happens it
gives an error in the log that starts 0x000005... after two to three attempts
it starts normally and may do so for two to six times and then the cycle
starts repeating with the Options Screen stating Windows failed to load on
the previous attempt.

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?? I'm fresh out!!
--
Thanks from Rick

811270 - Unhandled Exception c0000005 Error Message During Windows Startup promulgate:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811270

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"TCM" <TCM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45E21C1A-3DE9-4390-AA36-1C9CCEF8786F@microsoft.com...
> Stange situation!! I have checked for the Netkernal Trojan with no results.
> Ran the Malicous Software Removal Tool with no results. Ran Norton and
> AntiVir with no results. I GIVE UP! ;o) When this happens there is NO ERROR
> SHOWN IN THE ERROR LOG??
>
> When the "auto restart" is disabled the sys halts with a blue screen error
> which led me to believe it was a Netkernal Trojan. When this happens it
> gives an error in the log that starts 0x000005... after two to three attempts
> it starts normally and may do so for two to six times and then the cycle
> starts repeating with the Options Screen stating Windows failed to load on
> the previous attempt.
>
> ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?? I'm fresh out!!
> --
> Thanks from Rick

Hi Rick,

Does the system create a memory dump? If so, we may be able to analyze it
for more clues. If it does, you can send the .dmp file (just the most recent
one, do not send multiple dumps) to me at the address used here. Change the
subject line to "per req" and either include these messages or a brief
synopsis of the problem so that I will know what I am looking for.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"TCM" <TCM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Stange situation!! I have checked for the Netkernal Trojan with no
> results.
> Ran the Malicous Software Removal Tool with no results. Ran Norton and
> AntiVir with no results. I GIVE UP! ;o) When this happens there is NO
> ERROR
> SHOWN IN THE ERROR LOG??
>
> When the "auto restart" is disabled the sys halts with a blue screen error
> which led me to believe it was a Netkernal Trojan. When this happens it
> gives an error in the log that starts 0x000005... after two to three
> attempts
> it starts normally and may do so for two to six times and then the cycle
> starts repeating with the Options Screen stating Windows failed to load on
> the previous attempt.
>
> ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?? I'm fresh out!!
> --
> Thanks from Rick

TCM

Hi Rick and thanks for your help. I'll post the .dmp file and a complete
blue screen error line after I turn off auto restart again and make sure it
is the same as previous. It will be after 8 PM Eastern time. If you can't
get back to me until after the 4th... HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!
--
Thanks from Rick

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Does the system create a memory dump? If so, we may be able to analyze it
> for more clues. If it does, you can send the .dmp file (just the most recent
> one, do not send multiple dumps) to me at the address used here. Change the
> subject line to "per req" and either include these messages or a brief
> synopsis of the problem so that I will know what I am looking for.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "TCM" <TCM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Stange situation!! I have checked for the Netkernal Trojan with no
> > results.
> > Ran the Malicous Software Removal Tool with no results. Ran Norton and
> > AntiVir with no results. I GIVE UP! ;o) When this happens there is NO
> > ERROR
> > SHOWN IN THE ERROR LOG??
> >
> > When the "auto restart" is disabled the sys halts with a blue screen error
> > which led me to believe it was a Netkernal Trojan. When this happens it
> > gives an error in the log that starts 0x000005... after two to three
> > attempts
> > it starts normally and may do so for two to six times and then the cycle
> > starts repeating with the Options Screen stating Windows failed to load on
> > the previous attempt.
> >
> > ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?? I'm fresh out!!
> > --
> > Thanks from Rick

Hi,

Send it to me directly, do not post it here.