Setup is starting Windows - HANGS!

Once Windows XP Pro installs the installation files to the hard drive, the
system does not get past "Setup is starting Windows". I cannot perform any
diagnostics on the drives that I install to because Windows is not
installed...therefore what is there to do? My system has been paralyzed for
a week or so now. I have 1 new hard drive, and an old one that I am using
for storage. Both are Western Digital. The newest one (160GB Western
Digital) had Windows on it, and when I noticed my BIOS was not seeing the
full 160GB (it was seeing 137.4 GB), I reformatted, updated my BIOS to the
latest revision, and the problem STILL exists... I cannot install Windows!!
Formatted the hard drives and everything... if anyone can help me get past
the message "Setup is starting Windows", HELP!!

- Kevin
1 answer Last reply
More about setup starting windows hangs

    I'm having the exact same problem. Wish I knew what to do.

    "DrummsB4" wrote:

    > Once Windows XP Pro installs the installation files to the hard drive, the
    > system does not get past "Setup is starting Windows". I cannot perform any
    > diagnostics on the drives that I install to because Windows is not
    > installed...therefore what is there to do? My system has been paralyzed for
    > a week or so now. I have 1 new hard drive, and an old one that I am using
    > for storage. Both are Western Digital. The newest one (160GB Western
    > Digital) had Windows on it, and when I noticed my BIOS was not seeing the
    > full 160GB (it was seeing 137.4 GB), I reformatted, updated my BIOS to the
    > latest revision, and the problem STILL exists... I cannot install Windows!!
    > Formatted the hard drives and everything... if anyone can help me get past
    > the message "Setup is starting Windows", HELP!!
    >
    > - Kevin

Hard Drives Windows XP