UH OH... I NEED SOME MAJOR HELP!!!

July 1, 2005 10:28:01 PM

I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME W/O
MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
PLEASE?!?!?!?!

More about : major

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:42:00 AM

CZECHBROTHER wrote:
> I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME
> W/O MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
> PLEASE?!?!?!?!

First off - turn off the CAPS-LOCK key.
Secondly - you want to format that system anyway.. not "upgrade it". Put in
your Windows XP Home CD - set your system BIOS to boot from CD, boot from it
and delete all the partitions and create new one(s) and install Windows XP
Home anew.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the cd out of dos mode?

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> CZECHBROTHER wrote:
> > I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME
> > W/O MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
> > PLEASE?!?!?!?!
>
> First off - turn off the CAPS-LOCK key.
> Secondly - you want to format that system anyway.. not "upgrade it". Put in
> your Windows XP Home CD - set your system BIOS to boot from CD, boot from it
> and delete all the partitions and create new one(s) and install Windows XP
> Home anew.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:42:02 AM

why would you want to access the CD from DOS when the thing is Bootable and
will install nicely that way.
Hell its even its own recovery/repair disc
peterk

the problem
"CZECHBROTHER" <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the cd out of dos mode?
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> CZECHBROTHER wrote:
>> > I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME
>> > W/O MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
>> > PLEASE?!?!?!?!
>>
>> First off - turn off the CAPS-LOCK key.
>> Secondly - you want to format that system anyway.. not "upgrade it". Put
>> in
>> your Windows XP Home CD - set your system BIOS to boot from CD, boot from
>> it
>> and delete all the partitions and create new one(s) and install Windows
>> XP
>> Home anew.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

July 2, 2005 12:42:02 AM

"CZECHBROTHER" <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the CD out of dos mode?

I believe Shenan means that once you are in Setup (for your BIOS) navigate
to the selection for changing the boot order so that you boot from CD before
the hard drive.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:42:03 AM

OK, GOTCHA!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!

"Michael T" wrote:

> "CZECHBROTHER" <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the CD out of dos mode?
> >

> I believe Shenan means that once you are in Setup (for your BIOS) navigate
> to the selection for changing the boot order so that you boot from CD before
> the hard drive.

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:21:50 PM

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:09:07 -0700, CZECHBROTHER
<CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OK, GOTCHA!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Pizdah!

--
Cheers,

Guy