UH OH... I NEED SOME MAJOR HELP!!!

I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME W/O
MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
PLEASE?!?!?!?!
6 answers Last reply
More about major help

    CZECHBROTHER wrote:
    > I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME
    > W/O MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
    > PLEASE?!?!?!?!

    First off - turn off the CAPS-LOCK key.
    Secondly - you want to format that system anyway.. not "upgrade it". Put in
    your Windows XP Home CD - set your system BIOS to boot from CD, boot from it
    and delete all the partitions and create new one(s) and install Windows XP
    Home anew.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the cd out of dos mode?

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > CZECHBROTHER wrote:
    > > I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME
    > > W/O MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
    > > PLEASE?!?!?!?!
    >
    > First off - turn off the CAPS-LOCK key.
    > Secondly - you want to format that system anyway.. not "upgrade it". Put in
    > your Windows XP Home CD - set your system BIOS to boot from CD, boot from it
    > and delete all the partitions and create new one(s) and install Windows XP
    > Home anew.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    why would you want to access the CD from DOS when the thing is Bootable and
    will install nicely that way.
    Hell its even its own recovery/repair disc
    peterk

    the problem
    "CZECHBROTHER" <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the cd out of dos mode?
    >
    > "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
    >
    >> CZECHBROTHER wrote:
    >> > I RECIEVED A COMPUTER RECENTLY W/ WIN98... I TRIED TO INSTALL XP HOME
    >> > W/O MAKING A BACK-UP DISK AND NOW CAN'T ACCESS WINDOWS AT ALL... HELP
    >> > PLEASE?!?!?!?!
    >>
    >> First off - turn off the CAPS-LOCK key.
    >> Secondly - you want to format that system anyway.. not "upgrade it". Put
    >> in
    >> your Windows XP Home CD - set your system BIOS to boot from CD, boot from
    >> it
    >> and delete all the partitions and create new one(s) and install Windows
    >> XP
    >> Home anew.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Shenan Stanley
    >> MS-MVP
    >> --
    >> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    "CZECHBROTHER" <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the CD out of dos mode?

    I believe Shenan means that once you are in Setup (for your BIOS) navigate
    to the selection for changing the boot order so that you boot from CD before
    the hard drive.

    OK, GOTCHA!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > "CZECHBROTHER" <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > THANK YOU!!! also, could you tell me how to access the CD out of dos mode?
    > >

    > I believe Shenan means that once you are in Setup (for your BIOS) navigate
    > to the selection for changing the boot order so that you boot from CD before
    > the hard drive.

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:09:07 -0700, CZECHBROTHER
    <CZECHBROTHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >OK, GOTCHA!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!

    Pizdah!

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy