XP Pro SP1

From out of nowhere, I see about 700 files in my users
documents&settings recent folder....
The names are strange and undecipherable....dates from the past and well
into the future....

When I try to delete them, they indicate "cannot delete...cannot read
from disk or source file."

I have tried every unlocker program...defrag...from a safe/command
prompt plus every trick I know, but nothing works....

I am aware that M$ locks this file in some strange way, but I would
appreciate any help.

Thanks....

burris

Please be mature and do not refer to Microsoft as "M$"
if you expect some help in a Microsoft sponsored newsgroup.
Repost your inquiry correctly.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP