/ Sign-up
Your question

Corrupted File

  • Support
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 2, 2005 3:21:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am sorry I do not understand much about computers I would just like to know
if I can fix the problem so then I can see my pictures. What can I do to fix
the corrupted files? Can I retrieve my pictures back and if so How?

More about : corrupted file

July 2, 2005 2:46:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Sharon,
your pictures have somehow been scrambled on the memory card from your
digital camera. There isn't a special key to press or command to type to fix
this. Instead you need to let a special program attempt to unscramble the
picture information on your memory card. This will involve plugging the
memory card into your PC and running the program. You can get a program to
do this at
These programs do not guarantee 100% success, but you should get most of
your pics back. If you would prefer someone else to do this for you, ask
your local computer shop if they can recover digital camera pictures from a
memory card. They should be able to do it, but the cost is likely to be much
the same as the program I spoke about earlier. Get back to me if that
doesn't make sense. Good Luck!