  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
April 18, 2005 9:53:42 PM

I am planning to buy a Dell with a DVD burner. The configuration
shows two options, with and without Sonic DVDit!

16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe plus, CyberLink PowerDVD [add
$70 or $1/month]

16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe,Sonic DVDit! SE,CyberLink
PowerDVD [add $120 or $3/month]

Is it worth the extra $50 for DVDit!? I plan on using the DVD writer
for both backing up data and burning the occasional downloaded video
(Divx, mpg) to play on a set top DVD player.

Or to put it another way, what's the difference between Sonic
RecordNow! Deluxe, Sonic DVDit! and CyberLink PowerDVD? Do I need all
three?

Thanks,

Curious Buyer

More about : sonic dvdit dvd software

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:53:43 PM

What I did was buy an OEM version of Nero 6 Ultra (got it free-and paid
$7 s&h) upgraded at the Nero site to 6.6 and paid $25 to unlock the DVD
and SVCD capture (plug-in).
April 18, 2005 11:17:28 PM

I would go to ebay and get NERO 6 for next to nothing....
Brad

Curious wrote:

> I am planning to buy a Dell with a DVD burner. The configuration
> shows two options, with and without Sonic DVDit!
>
> 16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe plus, CyberLink PowerDVD [add
> $70 or $1/month]
>
> 16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe,Sonic DVDit! SE,CyberLink
> PowerDVD [add $120 or $3/month]
>
> Is it worth the extra $50 for DVDit!? I plan on using the DVD writer
> for both backing up data and burning the occasional downloaded video
> (Divx, mpg) to play on a set top DVD player.
>
> Or to put it another way, what's the difference between Sonic
> RecordNow! Deluxe, Sonic DVDit! and CyberLink PowerDVD? Do I need all
> three?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curious Buyer
April 19, 2005 2:20:46 AM

I got mime for about $10.00 shipped, it was the latest (at the time) OEM
version Nero 6.6.0.8, didn't have to pay anything to unlock a plug-in....

braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:
> What I did was buy an OEM version of Nero 6 Ultra (got it free-and paid
> $7 s&h) upgraded at the Nero site to 6.6 and paid $25 to unlock the DVD
> and SVCD capture (plug-in).

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:56:05 AM

Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe is CD authoring software
Sonic DVDit! is DVD authoring software
CyberLink PowerDVD is DVD playing software

"Curious" <Curious@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I am planning to buy a Dell with a DVD burner. The configuration
> shows two options, with and without Sonic DVDit!
>
> 16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe plus, CyberLink PowerDVD [add
> $70 or $1/month]
>
> 16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe,Sonic DVDit! SE,CyberLink
> PowerDVD [add $120 or $3/month]
>
> Is it worth the extra $50 for DVDit!? I plan on using the DVD writer
> for both backing up data and burning the occasional downloaded video
> (Divx, mpg) to play on a set top DVD player.
>
> Or to put it another way, what's the difference between Sonic
> RecordNow! Deluxe, Sonic DVDit! and CyberLink PowerDVD? Do I need all
> three?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curious Buyer
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:00:46 AM

Curious wrote:

> I am planning to buy a Dell with a DVD burner. The configuration
> shows two options, with and without Sonic DVDit!
>
> 16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe plus, CyberLink PowerDVD [add
> $70 or $1/month]
>
> 16X DVD+/-RW w/ Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe,Sonic DVDit! SE,CyberLink
> PowerDVD [add $120 or $3/month]
>
> Is it worth the extra $50 for DVDit!? I plan on using the DVD writer
> for both backing up data and burning the occasional downloaded video
> (Divx, mpg) to play on a set top DVD player.
>
> Or to put it another way, what's the difference between Sonic
> RecordNow! Deluxe, Sonic DVDit! and CyberLink PowerDVD? Do I need all
> three?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curious Buyer

Nero is my favorite Windows cd/dvd recording software. I'm not sure what
the legality is with buying the OEM version by itself, but honestly its
good software and worth the price.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 8:01:49 AM

Brad, the OEM version will not capture to DVD without the plug-in.
You can burn DVDs...but Nero VisionExpress 3 is not fully functional.
!