Outlook express problem

Hi,
When I try to open outlook express I get this message
Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the
Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your
disk is full. Contact microsoft for further assistance. (0x800c012E, 5).

Then when I click ok it says,

Outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be started.
Outlook express may not be installed correctly.

I have enough disk and memory space. I reinstalled outlook express and then
updated it and reinstalled it and its exactly the same.
Also had problems with mailwasher.
Any help good.
Thanx
Stephen Sim

After you reinstalled OE, did u copy the *.dbx files back over to the new
installation ? (Do you have your old mails and stuff back in your OE ?)

M. Vaillant

"triphasic" <triphasic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I try to open outlook express I get this message
> Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open
the
> Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your
> disk is full. Contact microsoft for further assistance. (0x800c012E, 5).
>
> Then when I click ok it says,
>
> Outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
started.
> Outlook express may not be installed correctly.
>
> I have enough disk and memory space. I reinstalled outlook express and
then
> updated it and reinstalled it and its exactly the same.
> Also had problems with mailwasher.
> Any help good.
> Thanx
> Stephen Sim

"triphasic" <triphasic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I try to open outlook express I get this message
> Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open
> the
> Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your
> disk is full. Contact microsoft for further assistance. (0x800c012E, 5).
>
> Then when I click ok it says,
>
> Outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
> started.
> Outlook express may not be installed correctly.
>
> I have enough disk and memory space. I reinstalled outlook express and
> then
> updated it and reinstalled it and its exactly the same.
> Also had problems with mailwasher.
> Any help good.
> Thanx
> Stephen Sim

What is enough space? How do you know you have enough if you havent given
numbers? Have you tried running a disk checking utility to see if there are
file errors or allocation errors- something like chkdsk? There are ngs more
specific to your program- this one is for the operating system- you may be
better going to these.

Stephen,

For faster and accurate response, you may try this in OE groups.

Microsoft Public Newsgroups:
http://aumha.org/nntp.php

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP