Launching Browser within Outlook

July 2, 2005 8:21:02 AM

I restored my laptop after a crash and re-installed everything. About the
only new program I added was the beta version of MS Anti-Spyware. Whether
it's that, or some setting I'm missing either in XP or Outlook, I can no
longer open my browser from within Outlook ... including not only links, but
online help, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:27:38 PM

Hi

Try this:

With Outlook closed run the following command from Start>Run:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
click on 'Reset Web Settings...'. Try the links in Outlook again then.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I restored my laptop after a crash and re-installed everything. About the
> only new program I added was the beta version of MS Anti-Spyware. Whether
> it's that, or some setting I'm missing either in XP or Outlook, I can no
> longer open my browser from within Outlook ... including not only links,
> but
> online help, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:27:39 PM

Thanks for the response Denny. I got an error message stating:
LoadLibrary ("urimon.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.
Any next step thoughts?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> With Outlook closed run the following command from Start>Run:
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
> click on 'Reset Web Settings...'. Try the links in Outlook again then.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I restored my laptop after a crash and re-installed everything. About the
> > only new program I added was the beta version of MS Anti-Spyware. Whether
> > it's that, or some setting I'm missing either in XP or Outlook, I can no
> > longer open my browser from within Outlook ... including not only links,
> > but
> > online help, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

July 2, 2005 5:56:36 PM

Hi

The command should be

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

not urimon.dll - that is why you saw the error message. Copy and paste the
command - see if that works.

--

> Thanks for the response Denny. I got an error message stating:
> LoadLibrary ("urimon.dll") failed - The specified module could not be
> found.
> Any next step thoughts?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> With Outlook closed run the following command from Start>Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>>
>> Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
>> click on 'Reset Web Settings...'. Try the links in Outlook again then.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I restored my laptop after a crash and re-installed everything. About
>> >the
>> > only new program I added was the beta version of MS Anti-Spyware.
>> > Whether
>> > it's that, or some setting I'm missing either in XP or Outlook, I can
>> > no
>> > longer open my browser from within Outlook ... including not only
>> > links,
>> > but
>> > online help, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:56:37 PM

Sorry Will, I can read but can't type this morning. Duh! I ran the command
successfully, but with no impact on opening the browser from inside Outlook.
I tried re-booting, with no better results. I've re-set my Internet security
from custom to Medium, again with no luck. I've turned off Pop-up blocker
with no luck. Any other ideas?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> The command should be
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> not urimon.dll - that is why you saw the error message. Copy and paste the
> command - see if that works.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the response Denny. I got an error message stating:
> > LoadLibrary ("urimon.dll") failed - The specified module could not be
> > found.
> > Any next step thoughts?
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try this:
> >>
> >> With Outlook closed run the following command from Start>Run:
> >>
> >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> >>
> >> Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
> >> click on 'Reset Web Settings...'. Try the links in Outlook again then.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:01:24 PM

Hi

Try typing each of the following from Start>Run

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

--

> Sorry Will, I can read but can't type this morning. Duh! I ran the
> command
> successfully, but with no impact on opening the browser from inside
> Outlook.
> I tried re-booting, with no better results. I've re-set my Internet
> security
> from custom to Medium, again with no luck. I've turned off Pop-up blocker
> with no luck. Any other ideas?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The command should be
>>
>> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>>
>> not urimon.dll - that is why you saw the error message. Copy and paste
>> the
>> command - see if that works.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the response Denny. I got an error message stating:
>> > LoadLibrary ("urimon.dll") failed - The specified module could not be
>> > found.
>> > Any next step thoughts?

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:01:25 PM

Did it ... still no luck. I really appreciate you trying to help! Thanks

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>

> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry Will, I can read but can't type this morning. Duh! I ran the
> > command
> > successfully, but with no impact on opening the browser from inside
> > Outlook.
> > I tried re-booting, with no better results. I've re-set my Internet
> > security
> > from custom to Medium, again with no luck. I've turned off Pop-up blocker
> > with no luck. Any other ideas?
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> The command should be
> >>
> >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> >>
> >> not urimon.dll - that is why you saw the error message. Copy and paste
> >> the
> >> command - see if that works.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:17:08 PM

Hi

If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook News
Group:

regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll

--

> Did it ... still no luck. I really appreciate you trying to help! Thanks
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>>

>> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
>> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>>

>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry Will, I can read but can't type this morning. Duh! I ran the
>> > command
>> > successfully, but with no impact on opening the browser from inside
>> > Outlook.
>> > I tried re-booting, with no better results. I've re-set my Internet
>> > security
>> > from custom to Medium, again with no luck. I've turned off Pop-up
>> > blocker
>> > with no luck. Any other ideas?

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:17:09 PM

Thanks again for trying to help. None of them did the job, so I'm off to the
Outlook News Group.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook News
> Group:
>
> regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
> regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
> regsvr32 Shell32.dll
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Did it ... still no luck. I really appreciate you trying to help! Thanks
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
> >>

> >> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
> >> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:12:13 PM

Sorry, I've got no other options - best of luck.

--

> Thanks again for trying to help. None of them did the job, so I'm off to
> the
> Outlook News Group.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
>> News
>> Group:
>>
>> regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
>> regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
>> regsvr32 Shell32.dll
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "salzmun" <salzmun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Did it ... still no luck. I really appreciate you trying to help!
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:12:14 PM

Sent to "salzmum" in Outlook group - Give the following a go: Control
panel>Folder options>File types - scroll down and select "HTM" (HMTL
document). Under "details for 'HTM' extensions" should be the statement
"opens with internet explorer" - if not click on "Change" and select IE.
Click on the "Advanced" option and set "open" as the default
action - click "OK" - good luck!

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL