Asus GeForce2 GTS

DaveZeb

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
as a past user off first diamond, then 3dfx, and lastly ATI (Big Mistake!), I just purchased the above card from ASUS. I was curious about what people know about the card and company itself, as far as support goes. Also, does anyone know where I can check to see what AGP multiplier I am set at? or does the card just default? Also the aperture size. I have BE6 MB, PIII 550 and 192 SDRAM. Currently at 64 aperture. 128 maybe?

Any thoughts or experiences would be great. Thanks!

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I also just installed my Asus V7700 deluxe. I have to say I am very pleased so far. As far as Asus goes, I have been very impressed with their products. My brother's P2B mobo and V3400 TNT video card was a great combo for well over a year without any problems. I have heard that the technical support is bad, but I have never had to use it. I know that while installing my card last week I saw what AGP multiplier it was using, but I don't remember exactly where. Assuming you have the most updated drivers loaded for your mobo, the card should have automatically installed with the fastest AGP supported.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you have a ASUS icon in your system tray you have to look with INFORMATION. otherwise you go to display setting-> atfanched-> information. If the AGP is standing off or 1X you have to install the via 4in1 drivers. If the sideband is off you have to download the asus drivers with sideband and install them.
I also had your brothers system fore a long time same mobo and videocard. Exelent combination But after a while you have to upgrade.