Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hope the new Football Manager has a different system to the existing one
whereby everyone at a big club thinks you're worse than useless for the
first 2 or 3 months, resulting in most of the players sulking about your
lack of experience, and excellent friendly results do absolutely nothing to
raise morale.

As Inter,competitively I've beaten Everton 5-0, Torino 5-0 and Real 6-1,
all in a row, yet everyone is "Poor" or "Okay" at best, apart from Zanetti
and Adriano. Martins has scored 2 hat tricks in these games but has only
progressed from very poor to just poor.

This state of affairs will no doubt continue until the first board
confidence update when they seem pleasantly bemused by the good start you've
made, at which point everyone seems to cheer up.But if Toldo doesn't lighten
up and keeps getting 5s and 6s it might not even reach that stage :-(

"rob" <rbull@tora.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hope the new Football Manager has a different system to the existing
> one whereby everyone at a big club thinks you're worse than useless for
> the first 2 or 3 months, resulting in most of the players sulking about
> your lack of experience, and excellent friendly results do absolutely
> nothing to raise morale.

The easiest soloution would be to allow you to set an experience level when
you "add new manager". But they'd have to modify the point system to reflect
that, so if you take on a big club as an amature you'll get more points then
doing it as a world famous manager (if you have the same level of sucsess).

--
Fil

rob wrote:
> Hope the new Football Manager has a different system to the existing one whereby everyone at a big club thinks you're worse than useless for the
> first 2 or 3 months, resulting in most of the players sulking about your lack of experience, and excellent friendly results do absolutely nothing to
> raise morale.

I found that winning a pointless Friendly League gave all of my players
Superb morale. This was with Paderborn, and my opponents were San Marino,
Southport and Badajoz. Maybe it was just because it was a piece of
silverware, or they're all bumbling idiots.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386