Confused: GeforceMX or Radeon 32Mb SDR?

G

Hello there I have been researching a lot with the video cards and I have narrowed it down to the GeforceMX and Radeon.

I need a card that will do some word processing (homework), internet and some games...I am buying this new computer and I don't want games to lag due to a crap video card

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks
Derek

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have always been a fan of Nvidia equipped cards. I have heard that some people like the ATI stuff, but I have also heard complaints. Both those cards are in the same price range as you probably know, but I would lean towards the GF2 MX. It performs slightly better than the SDR ATI I believe. I may be biased seeing that I have had an Asus TNT card, Guillemot TNT2, and now an Asus GF2 GTS card. All of which I love to death. I would suggest those two brands of card for sure. Good luck with your choice.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

Dravic

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
www.anandtech.com just put up a budget video card review, that looks at both of these cards.. check it out.

Abit KT7 RAID
Duron 650@896
128MB pc133@149cas2
Geforce2mx(205/215)
Antect s1030/sblive+

mpjesse

Splendid
The Radeon does post better benchmarks than the GeForce 2 MX but, the GF2 MX is cheaper. Personally, i'm happy with my GF2 MX. I'm really surprised with ATI actually- they've always sucked at trying to make fast 3D cards (ex, Rage Fury MAXX... lol!) until the Radeon.

-MP Jesse