right click menus very slow to load up, even after re-inst..

July 2, 2005 11:12:02 AM

on any icon, for a file, document, my computer or anything, when i right
click it to bring up the sub menu, it can take a good 20 - 30 seconds to open
up the menu. my computer is a fairly new laptop, pentium4 2ghz, 768mb ran
running XP Pro. Its only after my recent reinstall of the OS that this has
happened. any ideas on how to remedy this?
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 12:01:28 AM

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/208.htm#4

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User