Computer Speed Problems

G

First of all, specs for my computer:

AMD Athlon 600mhz
Asus K7M Slot A motherboard
Asus V-7700 GeForce 2 GTS 64mb 3D Accelerator
256 MB PC-100 memory

I am a pretty big gamer, some of the one's I play a lot of nowadays include Half-Life: Counterstrike, Red Alert 2, and Diablo 2. Before I got my Geforce 2 card, I owned a Hercules Stingray 128/3d 8 MB EDO 3d accelerator that was about 5 or 4 years old. Obviously all the new games I played were slow.

Then I installed my geforce, but I have seen only MARGINAL performance improvments. For instance, under Counterstrike, I was seeing 10 fps in 640 x 480 OpenGL with my Stringray, but with my geforce I was seeing 30 fps in 800 x 600 OpenGL. Obviously WAY BELOW that card's potential. Diablo 2 has seen hardly any noticeable improvement, and Red Alert 2 went from unplayable to playable but still slower than it should be.

What's wrong with my card? I've updated drivers... tried NVDidia's detonator drivers... updated my mainboard drivers... reinstalled everything on my computer... I feel I've tried everything.

Through the process of elimination, I think that the only possibilities for causing these issues left are:
A) The card is just bad (but unlikely and I'll show why later)
b) Something is wrong with my processor or mainboard

I don't think the card is bad because a friend using a 400mhz Pentium II with a crappy 4mb Intel 3d accelerator beat the performance of my geforce 2 gts with athlon 600. even with my old stringray i should have beat his computer.

I would really really really appreciate help on this subject. Thanks for your time

KDogg

G

drivers rule everything. try upgrade the leastest Det.3 driver FROM Nvidia. i own a creative GeforeDDR and always have issue with creative driver. also upgrade the VIA 4-in-1 driver of the mainboard. it always fix some compatability prob. with agp cards.

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

TRENDING THREADS