USB Controller missing in Device Manager

Hi
I recently formated my HD and reloaded xp. I noticed that I have a driver
missing called Universal Serial Bus(USB) Controller missing in Device
Manager.

I have tried all my drivers but nothing help.

Could someone help me Please???

Thanx
Nick
4 answers Last reply
More about controller missing device manager

    Nick,
    Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
    XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Thanx
    Will try it

    "Treeman" <Treeman.1rjtwk@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > Nick,
    > Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
    > XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    Nick,

    I have exactly the same problem after reformatting my HDD. Treemans
    response was of no use to me as I do not have the USB Controller listed in
    Device Manager, so it cannot be selected to uninstall.

    Do you have any other suggestions?

    "Nick" wrote:

    > Thanx
    > Will try it
    >

    > "Treeman" <Treeman.1rjtwk@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Nick,
    > > Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
    > > XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
    > > Best,
    > > Treeman
    > >

    > > --
    > > Treeman

    > > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    > > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870581655

    I solved it ... I had to go back into my CMOS setup to ENABLE the 'OnChip
    USB' selection and voila ... the USB port and my USB scanner were
    automatically recognised and now work perfectly. Follow these steps (with
    appropriate changes for your particular BIOS / CMOS setup):
    1) reboot your computer
    2) during reboot sequence select whatever command you need to enter the CMOS
    / BIOS (this is the DEL key on my computer)
    3) scroll down to the selection that contains 'OnChip USB' selection (this
    is titled 'Integrated Peripherals' on my computer)
    4) ENABLE the 'OnChip USB' selection
    5) Select F10 to save the changes (this should exit the CMOS and continue
    the reboot sequence to load your operating system
    6) you should now see the computer auto recognise the USB devices and you
    will also now see the USB Controller selection visible in the Device Manager

    Yahoo ...

    "Ben" wrote:

    > Nick,
    >
    > I have exactly the same problem after reformatting my HDD. Treemans
    > response was of no use to me as I do not have the USB Controller listed in
    > Device Manager, so it cannot be selected to uninstall.
    >
    > Do you have any other suggestions?
    >

    > "Nick" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanx
    > > Will try it
    > >

    > > "Treeman" <Treeman.1rjtwk@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Nick,
    > > > Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
    > > > XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
    > > > Best,
    > > > Treeman
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Treeman

    > > > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
    > > > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870581655

Device Manager Controller USB Windows XP