USB Controller missing in Device Manager

Tags:
  • Device Manager
  • Controller
  • USB
  • Windows XP
July 2, 2005 6:38:01 PM

Hi
I recently formated my HD and reloaded xp. I noticed that I have a driver
missing called Universal Serial Bus(USB) Controller missing in Device
Manager.

I have tried all my drivers but nothing help.

Could someone help me Please???

Thanx
Nick

More about : usb controller missing device manager

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:38:02 PM

Nick,
Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

July 3, 2005 3:45:21 PM

Thanx
Will try it

"Treeman" <Treeman.1rjtwk@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Nick,
> Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
> XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

July 4, 2005 11:28:01 PM

Nick,

I have exactly the same problem after reformatting my HDD. Treemans
response was of no use to me as I do not have the USB Controller listed in
Device Manager, so it cannot be selected to uninstall.

Do you have any other suggestions?

"Nick" wrote:

> Thanx
> Will try it
>

> "Treeman" <Treeman.1rjtwk@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Nick,
> > Try _uninstalling_ USB device in System, Hardware, Device Manager, let
> > XP rediscover the device, and it will install the drivers for it.
> > Best,
> > Treeman
> >

> > --
> > Treeman

> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870581655

July 5, 2005 7:21:03 AM

I solved it ... I had to go back into my CMOS setup to ENABLE the 'OnChip
USB' selection and voila ... the USB port and my USB scanner were
automatically recognised and now work perfectly. Follow these steps (with
appropriate changes for your particular BIOS / CMOS setup):
1) reboot your computer
2) during reboot sequence select whatever command you need to enter the CMOS
/ BIOS (this is the DEL key on my computer)
3) scroll down to the selection that contains 'OnChip USB' selection (this
is titled 'Integrated Peripherals' on my computer)
4) ENABLE the 'OnChip USB' selection
5) Select F10 to save the changes (this should exit the CMOS and continue
the reboot sequence to load your operating system
6) you should now see the computer auto recognise the USB devices and you
will also now see the USB Controller selection visible in the Device Manager

Yahoo ...

!