when i press ctrl, alt + del to open the task manager it comes up with an
error saying that task manager has been disabled by the administrator(me). if
i did disable it i dont know how i done it. any help would be great.

thanks.

Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Enable/Disable Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

--