3 games free to a good home in Austin, TX

reece

I have 3 arcade games in my garage that I haven't played in a couple
of years and am looking to give away to whomever will swing by and
take them. I loved them, but I don't have as much room in my current
place and it's time that they went.

They are Blasteroids, Silkworm, and Xybots.

They are all dedicated stand-up cabinets and have full markings (as
far as I can tell), marques, and controls. The Blasteroids and Xybots
cabinets are in good shape and the Silkworm cabinet is in ok shape.

They all power up with good screens and audio, and are playable as-is
with the exception of one controller on Xybots..

Xybots has a problem with the left side joystick in that it doesn't
always do what you want. It needs to be repaired or rebuilt. Right one
works ok.

Silkworm is odd in that the power switch only controls the monitor. If
you plug it in, the PCB is on and good to go immediately, then you hit
the power switch to turn on the monitor. I mention it because the
power cord looks like something from a hardware store and I'm fairly
certain it didn't leave the factory that way.

I just fired them all up and played a few lives for the first time in
several months to make sure they ran and everything looked good.

I'm not looking to part them out or ship them. I just need them to go
and I'd sleep better if I knew they're going somewhere that they'll be
enjoyed.

Anyone interested can e-mail me at rthornton86@hotmail.com

Thanks!
-Reece

I'd grab Blasteroids if I were closer... :(

Dane.

"Reece" <rthornton86@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have 3 arcade games in my garage that I haven't played in a couple
> of years and am looking to give away to whomever will swing by and
> take them. I loved them, but I don't have as much room in my current
> place and it's time that they went.
>
> They are Blasteroids, Silkworm, and Xybots.
>
> They are all dedicated stand-up cabinets and have full markings (as
> far as I can tell), marques, and controls. The Blasteroids and Xybots
> cabinets are in good shape and the Silkworm cabinet is in ok shape.
>
> They all power up with good screens and audio, and are playable as-is
> with the exception of one controller on Xybots..
>
> Xybots has a problem with the left side joystick in that it doesn't
> always do what you want. It needs to be repaired or rebuilt. Right one
> works ok.
>
> Silkworm is odd in that the power switch only controls the monitor. If
> you plug it in, the PCB is on and good to go immediately, then you hit
> the power switch to turn on the monitor. I mention it because the
> power cord looks like something from a hardware store and I'm fairly
> certain it didn't leave the factory that way.
>
> I just fired them all up and played a few lives for the first time in
> several months to make sure they ran and everything looked good.
>
> I'm not looking to part them out or ship them. I just need them to go
> and I'd sleep better if I knew they're going somewhere that they'll be
> enjoyed.
>
> Anyone interested can e-mail me at rthornton86@hotmail.com
>
> Thanks!
> -Reece

reece

Alrighty, if I hadn't lost touch with the scene over the years,
perhaps I might have expected this...

I want to thank everyone that has already e-mailed me.
I've gotten a handfull of offers to pick them up and I'm going to
respond to them in order.

I think we can pretty well expect that they're gone at this point, but
rest assured that I'll repost if nobody's able to pick them up for
some reason or another.

It's good to know that so many people still enjoy games older than
House of the Dead and Dance-Dance-Revolution.

Thanks again to everyone that responded.

-Reece

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:58:35 GMT, Reece <rthornton86@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have 3 arcade games in my garage that I haven't played in a couple
>of years and am looking to give away to whomever will swing by and
>take them. I loved them, but I don't have as much room in my current
>place and it's time that they went.
>
>They are Blasteroids, Silkworm, and Xybots.
>
>They are all dedicated stand-up cabinets and have full markings (as
>far as I can tell), marques, and controls. The Blasteroids and Xybots
>cabinets are in good shape and the Silkworm cabinet is in ok shape.
>
>They all power up with good screens and audio, and are playable as-is
>with the exception of one controller on Xybots..
>
>Xybots has a problem with the left side joystick in that it doesn't
>always do what you want. It needs to be repaired or rebuilt. Right one
>works ok.
>
>Silkworm is odd in that the power switch only controls the monitor. If
>you plug it in, the PCB is on and good to go immediately, then you hit
>the power switch to turn on the monitor. I mention it because the
>power cord looks like something from a hardware store and I'm fairly
>certain it didn't leave the factory that way.
>
>I just fired them all up and played a few lives for the first time in
>several months to make sure they ran and everything looked good.
>
>I'm not looking to part them out or ship them. I just need them to go
>and I'd sleep better if I knew they're going somewhere that they'll be
>enjoyed.
>
>Anyone interested can e-mail me at rthornton86@hotmail.com
>
>Thanks!
>-Reece

Wow, that's one heck of a "free friday" deal.